Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 11:59 AM   #1
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I talked to him outside the castle, I could hear the wolf-beast up until Ardibren died, after he died wasn't there something I was supposed to get to bring out the wolf-beast - like a staff or something? After he passed on, I left & then came back & there was nothing!

Besides that is there a cure for vampirism? I chose which one was going to be the vamp. But on the way out my Paladin jumped out in front to head out & she bit him! Didn't realize until I made it back to town. So now I have two vampires, how would I cure one of them, besides driving a stake through his heart?
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 01:31 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Static!

The trigger for getting the beast to show up is to find the writ to the Stout Mines on a body over in the west area of the shire. (South of the Dragon Spire entrance, north of the Stout Mines).

There is only one cure for vampirism - RELOAD. Some players have played vamps and enjoyed it greatly. I'm not one of them! So you can tough it out or reload your game and avoid getting vamped.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 02:13 PM   #3
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Wyvern

Reloading would be the same as Reset Adventure , would it?

And if that's the case would my Paladin become a first lvl warrior, my warlock a first lvl wizard & so on or would they retain the experience & guild lvl they have?

And I do have another question, the Gypsy? Is it necessary to bring the serpant wand to her before you take her out fullfiling a wizards quest or do you need to take her out? In regards to another topic -
"abandoned boathouse"
"the Gypsy quest by the innkeeper"
Old 02-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Static,

Not at all. RELOADING is choosing one of your (many) saved games and clicking on it so you are back to where ever you were when you saved the game. You are saving your game, aren't you?? Multiple saves?

RESETTING takes you back to the beginning of the game with no quests fulfilled. Your characters will be the same as they are before you reset the adventures BUT - quest items will be gone and the history of their previous classes will be wiped from the record. This means that if you turned a warrior into a Paladin and then into a Barbarian, you could turn him back to a Paladin again! Kewl!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

You can kill the gypsy to get the Orb or you can do her quest and get the orb. Doing her quest gives you access to the gypsy treasure and I don't remember if it's any great shakes or not!

Wyv
Old 02-17-2002, 02:37 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Forgot to mention -

on the RESETTING - they won't have their guild levels. Resetting is like starting the game from the very beginning but your characters will retain their current class and experience so there are benefits to resetting.

There is a post in the BEST TIPS thread recommending doing exactly this in order to beef up characters early in the game.

Wyv
Old 02-17-2002, 06:11 PM   #6
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Wyvern

Thanks for the info, I'm going to reset the adventures;
with two of my guys being vamps I don't see defeating Both Xydusa & Elyssa- I could be wrong,

I'll try saving in more than one slot, I've been saving in just one of the slots. Only one party can adventure at a time, so I saved them in one slot.

I don't think that it will take me that long to catch up.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:39 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Static!!

How many different parties/games are you running??

It's always a good idea to have at least two saves going for any one party. I usually keep 3 going for one party - one for just outside of town, one at the beginning of a dungeon and the last for somewhere within that dungeon - some tricky bit or whatever. That has saved me from a lot of replaying.

Replaying isn't all that bad though. It's always faster because you know what you are doing! When I replay, I always feel like I make wiser choices too! This game is very replayable!

Have fun and keep us posted on how you are doing!
Wyv
Old 02-21-2002, 04:51 PM   #8
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Wyvern

In the game I'm currently playing, I have 10 characters;
6 are going out and about fulfilling quests and the other four are hanging out at the inn holding the various items I find.

Of the ones that are at the inn they have been usefull from time to time, like for instance my second vampire was demoted to staying at the inn and holding items for my other adventurers, while another was promoted to go adventuring. He was to weak for Shurugeon castle, I couldn't hardly keep him alive. It was a shame 12th lvl wizard with a low fortitude of 7,I had to bench him.

Up until two of the characters was bit & I reset the adventures to the beginning, I only saved in one slot. Now I save in three slots, which have been quite useful.

Static
Old 02-21-2002, 06:20 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Static!

Yes, multiple saves is a lifesaver as well as a game saver! Something I learned to do a long time ago. When I'm playing a game for the first time, I'll over do it on the number of different saves until I get a good feel for what really works. With W&W, 3 saves works well - one for the town, one outside a dungeon and one inside the dungeon, but I've been known to add a 4th save when some tricky bit comes up.

Far better to have lots of saves than to find out your stuck or have to start over! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope you're having fun!!

Wyv