Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #71
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dadams1:
quote:
Believing something is right does not justify it.
If you believe that morality is personally relative, it does. [/QUOTE]You are talking psychology, and I'm talking sociology. Since society ultimately determines right and wrong, good and bad, monster or strategist, the psychology angle on Hitler is irrelivant to history's evaluation of his crimes. The psychological ramifications of Hitler's delusions merely go to motive, which doesn't help his case either, since his intent was the murder of millions. Did he believe he was right? Certainly, but it doesn't matter because while the individual can believe what he wishes in this world, society is the final judge.

I know what you are saying, and I know the response you're looking for, but you won't get it from me.

OFF TOPIC - Timber, go HERE. Near the top of the list you'll find Axis and Allies. Do you have the computer game? If not it should be pretty cheap by now. Felix is right the AI in the game is dumb as dirt, but you will find some of the best players in the world (no exaggeration) in the Zones A&A ladder room. Most of the guys in there are in search of sanctioned games. You know, you sign up with a club and they keep up with your stats, so you move up or down the ladder. THIS is the club I used to play in, and you can absolutely do this game with dial up. For the two years I played regularly, dial up was all I had.

You can probably find a non ladder game in there as well, but the ladder play is most useful. It is easy to sign up and to register a match before you play, althought the first time or two it will seem awkward. Forget about the ratings if you don't care about keeping score, but the great thing about rated ladder play is that it eliminates 99% of the smacktards out there from suckering you into wasting two hours and then quiting when it looks good for you.

If you have any question about it PM me.

[ 09-24-2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]