Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2001, 01:21 AM   #1
Keill
Welcomed New User

Hello one and all, please enliven my thoughtless wonderings:

1) If you charm, or dominate a monster(ie. an umber hulk or golem) and another monster kills it, do you get the experience points for it?

2) I can't seem to find the AzureEdge axe...I keep seeing posts saying it can be bought from Bernard in the Copper Coronet but I checked what he was selling, but he doesn't seem to have it.

3) Does Sarevok's sword work when it's being used by Minsc...ie..heal one point for each hit? I'm not exactly sure

4) Do we end up losing Yoshimo sometime? I get the idea that he dies in a later Chapter, and I want to keep him(any way of keeping him for the whole game)..ie train him up to be a high level thief...it'll be a waste if I train him up to a high level, then he gets taken away... if so, who else would be suitable to be kept the whole game and can have good thief skills

5) What's the use of Minsc's stealth skills? Can he hide in shadows or do anything? Or is it an afterthought

6) Where can I get Celestial Fury and what kind of sword is it(ie. what proficiency do I need)?
Old 01-22-2001, 02:20 AM   #2
Armisael

1) Nope.

2) You have to finish the slaver quests before Bernard will sell you the azuredge. Talk to Lehtinan and ask about his 'other' entertainments to gain access into the back, and you can take it from there.

3) Yeah, it does.

4) Yeah, you do, but there's a way to keep him. I'd probably need to spoil you to explain it, though - if you don't mind that I'll tell you the rest. Second best thief in the game is Jan Jansen, who you can get in the government district.

5) The ranger's stealth skills serve little point in this game 'less you're a stalker (i.e. can backstab). They're meant to make rangers good at scouting.

6) It's a katana, and you can get it from the 'guarded compound' in the temple district. It's marked on your map. You'll need to fight a fairly tough battle, but emotion and chaos make it far easier.

Old 01-22-2001, 03:48 AM   #3
Keill
Welcomed New User

Ok...thanks for the info...here's some follow-up questions.

1) what if the dominated character manages to survive his mates, if I kill him then, I get the XP?

3)Ok then, what's the spoiler to keeping him then..and are there any disadvantages to doing this? And also, is Jan a dual class or a multi-class?

6)OK..I though celestial fury was a scimitar...having said that, what would be the best weapon for Jaheira that you can get early?
Old 01-22-2001, 06:28 AM   #4
Ertai, Wizard Adept

1.- I think yes

2.- Jan Jansen is fun thief-illusionist gnome. To keep Yoshi, drop him before going to rescue Imoen, and when you are back from the Assylum go to the Copper Coronet and talk to him FAST. Anyway, I played with Yoshi and then Imoen and it was OK for me.

3.- If you go early to Trademeet, the blackblood is fine (i used it till the end of the game).

Old 01-23-2001, 06:27 AM   #5
Keill
Welcomed New User

Doesn't Yoshimo betray whether or not you have him in your party? If so, what does when I come back from the Asylum, and I go to the Copper Coronet and then talking to him "fast" do? And exactly what does "Fast" mean? fast from what point?

And when do I know when I'm going to rescue Imoen? Is it in Chapter 4?
Old 01-23-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Keill,

This is the only way to keep Yoshimo, and it's kind of cheezy. When you return to the Copper Coronet in Chapter 6, talk to him the SECOND you enter the pub. You'll need to be VERY FAST at pressing the space bar and then initiating dialogue. He'll die as soon as he joins your party, but you can then resurrect him.

You'll be rescuing Imoen from the start of Chap 4.
Old 01-23-2001, 09:20 AM   #7
Keill
Welcomed New User

Ok...that makes it a bit clearer. I'm assuming that reason why I go back to the Copper Coronet is because that's where Yoshimo will be when I drop him from my party. Can I just tell him to stay where he is? ie. Get him really close to the door of the Copper Coronet and then tell him to stay there so that when I come back, I can immediately talk to him?

Also, what happens if I don't talk to him in time? Does he attack me or something?