Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 04:37 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I was thinking about the differential experience rule where the xp you get is based on the perceived challenge enemies pose to your party level. Then I looked at all my characters' best kills. No one has a best kill past chapter 2 - a couple have remorhaz, one has Queen remorhaz, one has vrassilous, one sherincal and one has a crystal golem. I've noticed this in battle as well - we haven't received more than about 330xp for any monster we've killed since chapter 2. So! Seemingly the game is being too stingy about working out how much xp monsters are worth, or it isn't providing the same relative toughness of monsters after the ice temple.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, that's about the size of it. Makes doing all the quests you can very important, as that's where a lot of points come from. Just think of what you got when you freed Nathaniel and gave him back his stuff.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 11:16 PM   #3
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Theres a flip side to this though. In a moment of triumphant cheapness I created a Lvl 1 character in HOF mode... then imported my sorc with the all-to-cheap "Goblin Slayer" (the HOF one, it ACTUALY slays!) then cast haste and impr. invis. on him the "removed" the sorc from the game. Needless to say I cleared out the docks in about 10min and each golbin slayed is worth an insane 3600exp. Very cheap, and I consider this cheating. But if you want to level someone up quick to "see what they can do." at least your not using a "Cheat Console" and you might be able to sleep better at night if you just tell yourself its an exploit. [img]smile.gif[/img] But you have to have beaten the game once for this to work anyway.