Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 10:31 PM   #21
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

When I was in High school and college I worked in an upscale mall in the middle of a bad neighborhood. Our store would constantly have shortages of 25% of the inventory per quarter - we were upscale clothes. We had armed guards at the door and still had guys come in and lift entire racks of leather jackets and walk off with the metal fixtures tied to them attached with alarms going off! Women would come over the counter at me if I cut their credit cards in half and threaten me with weapons! The best part was the time we all took polygraphs (voluteer-they couldn't make you take it but I had nothing to hide!) and myself and one other assistant manager were the only ones that passed the test! LOL!!Everyone else had stolen something or taken money or helped someone get a discount. Employees are the biggest source of inventory shrinkage and big brother has hidden cameras on you! not to mention reading your e-mail, counting your key strokes and a myriad of other ways to keep track of you.

Not everywhere but it sure has gotten worse!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:55 AM   #22
Manshoon

I've only ever stolen contact lens solution on any regular basis. It wasn't for the thrill or the rush, in fact I hated the feeling. BUT, I hated more knowing that I was paying $12 for cleaning solution and $10 for storage solution. That's a bunch of crap if you ask me. But now the prices seem to have gone down so I'm happy to say the only thing I steal now is illegal firearms. I mean... nothing, nothing at all.

One of the funniest things I've ever heard was about this guy who robbed a bank naked. Apparently they didn't have security cameras, or he had somehow disabled them, because there was no video footage they could review. The genius part comes in here; When they questioned the witnesses, NO ONE could give an accurate description of the guy. Either they were too embarrassed to look at his face, or they were looking at... other stuff. But last I heard they had no leads and no suspects. hehe
Old 09-04-2003, 02:35 AM   #23
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
ROTFL Animal! A chicken?!!! Oh that is too funny! Beats my Goldfish-in-the-Pants definitely!
You think a chicken is funny, look at THIS!
Dumb Crooks 3-31-03
Quote:
Hillary V. Boyd, 36, and her husband, Jonathon Gordon Granger, 32, of 3377 Hibiscus Ave., East Naples, were charged with stealing a lobster from a tank at the Red Lobster restaurant in Naples, Florida. patrons at the restaurant reported seeing a man later identified as Granger walk out the front door of the restaurant at with a live Maine lobster tucked under his shirt.

Quick-thinking witnesses grabbed the license tag number and description of the car Granger had gotten into with Boyd and alerted management. The car had sped off. Police ran the tag through dispatchers and found it was registered to Granger and Boyd.

So an officer called their home and left a phone message. Granger admitted that he stole the lobster. He agreed to pay for the lobster and sign a trespass warning to keep out of jail. "(Granger) said he was buzzed from drinking and that it was a stupid mistake,'' police reports say.

When the officer explained that the couple would be banned from Red Lobster, Boyd got loud and started yelling obscenities, upsetting diners in the restaurant. Police had met her in the banquet room.
"This is a (expletive) joke. We're in trouble for a (expletive) $8.99 lobster?'' she said.
Coulda been worse--coulda stuffed it down his pants...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:29 AM   #24
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ladyzekke wrote:

Quote:
At parties he would always show up with big giant steaks under his leather jacket.
Sounds like a sure party-guy to me .
Old 09-04-2003, 06:01 AM   #25
Moiraine
Anubis

When I was a student, there was a bar we used to go to fairly often. One day, they had the clever idea of making a little hole in all the spoons, I supposed the idea was that holed spoons would not get nicked ... Well, that didn't work at all !!! Soon happened a rage for holed spoons ... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yes, I still have one of those, and it is the only bar spoon I ever nicked.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:35 AM   #26
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
well i usally go to the store outside my school and get a coke for free...
Its not free, you will pay for it eventualy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-04-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
Being an ex police officer, I've seen it all.

The youngest was 3, the oldest 85. I've seen people steal everything from candies to cars, but probably the strangest was a live chicken. That guy wasn't real hard to spot running down the road, with a chicken under his arm.
He must have been a really fast guy. Do you know how hard it is to catch a chicken ? [/QUOTE]I guess everybody who saw Rocky II knows
Old 09-04-2003, 02:18 PM   #28
Faceman
Hathor

and of course there's the kids who just shoplift or jack cars for a dare
a very good friend of mine had his car radio stolen recently.
It wasn't the first time they broke into his car it has happened about three times this year and:

IT'S a 1989 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF DIESEL!!! 500 000km mileage !!!

The thing just barely keeps together although it's still going.
What kind of moron breaks into a car that's worth less than 100$ and steals a radio that's worth less than 50$???

Answer: probably some drunk teenager dare. They also managed to completely destroy the right door's lock in a futile break-in attempt - they got in through the driver's door by nearly ripping out the lock when everybody knows that you can open these old cars with a hanger.
So now you can only enter the car through the driver's door or the window.

Although that was about two weeks ago it still makes me mad because he is a really decent guy who doesn't deserve that and he's in an even worse financial situation than mine (student, make <300$/month but at least a get a little support from my mum)

[ 09-04-2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 09-04-2003, 05:32 PM   #29
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

I kept getting caught shoplifting when I was young, it got so bad that my parents took me to a doctor, he put me on medication and said "if it dosen't cure it within 2 weeks can you get me a video".
Old 09-04-2003, 08:21 PM   #30
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

It's funny, there are a lot of posts in this thread about stealing Meat LOL. You'd think it'd be money, jewelry, etc., but no, MEAT.

Reality Show Recaps