Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #1
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

What characters do you prefer? What race, what class/multi-class, what weapons, what feats and what stats. I'm not thinking what do you think is the strongst because I know you'll all go saying stuff like "Kensai/Mage rules!!!" and "Sorc's are overly powerfull!", I'm thinking of who do you like as a character while roleplaying him.
I'll start: my favourite character is a Drow fighter who, upon reaching level five turns into a necromancer with a cool greatsword feat for bastard swords and light shields with 10% spell failure, and light chain. I obviously love the armoured arcana feat and the spell focus: necromancy. I roleplay him as a bit recluse character, Chaotic Good in alignment, using his magics eagerly and strongly, but who will gladly be the first-liner in battles. He is very much a man of action, strong and intelligent, but with a bit lower charisma. His wisdom is satisfactory as is his constitution. When he talks, which is a rare event, he is a bit deep-voiced, clearly stating his authority over the situation, but when he meets a fellow mage or someone he could talk to without faking interests he turns into a quite a talkative fellow. He escaped the underdark perhaps a dozen years before the story and he is very faintly related to drow customs and culture. He knows the language, even the sign code, but holds almost no importance to personal honor and would allways rather look like a fool if it would save him from having to kill somebody.

[ 09-02-2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 09-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I prefer halflings. Everything else is complementary.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:53 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Dwarf. Cleric. Chaotic Neutral. 'nuff said.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
decookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The recipe for my perfect character:

>Take one elf and add to pot full of potion of dexterity.
>Add one tablespoon of arrogance and two of wit
>Simmer before adding charisma and removing any excess strength or con that may have formed around the rim.
>Add longbow and longsword (finely chopped)
> Stir for ten minutes before pouring into a sleek and stylish mold
> Place in oven and cook for 30 mins at 230C

Leave to stand and serve with chaotic good dressing.

Enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2003, 11:58 AM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

my fave charater of mine is a chaotic neutral dark sun elf of a killed off tribe. last of her kind and completely unique to begin with her adventures have turned her into something out of my husbands (dms) imagination. she is 6'7" (d.s. elves are tall) and very strong. most of her stats would be considered uber, except you need exceptionally high stats just to live every day on athas. in fact random ppl in towns are considered first level fighters! but anyway...she has some strong psionic wild talents, combined with her great strength and proficienties in numerous deadly fighting skills she is a hard one to beat. she is also shockingly different to look upon. she has a lions mane, lions ears (her elf ears are still there too but covered by the mane) amber cat eyes, and even a tail. her roar is equal to that of the shout spell (2nd ed.) she also has a thirst for killing thri-kreen, an undeniable urge simply to slaughter them. she would not be alive if not for her companions, mages who value her drawing the physical attacks away from them. as well as a cleric who i think only stays around cause he is nathan's npc. i don;t recall saying that we'll pay him.... oh well
Old 09-03-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Elven Sorcerer. Evil or good.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I much enjoyed role-playing Kael'thas through the Frozen Throne of Warcraft III. He is the Blood-Elven Bloodmage in my sig-picture. Very nice story surrounding him and the blood-elves plus he is one tough mage.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:46 AM   #8
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Me likes to play halfling monks... or halfling ranger/rogue/fighters... or halfing wizards... or, well, just about anything halfling really [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2003, 07:45 AM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Chaotic Good gnomish or half-orcish sorcerers or wizards.

High constitution, intelligence and dexterity.

I prefer spellcasters because they usually are able to solve problems in some completely offworldy manner.

Played with reckless abandon.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:31 AM   #10
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Lawful good human Paladin or chaotic good dwarf beserker!