Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 10:57 PM   #1
Keylar the Minotaur
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all,

Actually its my first time posting Here! My first time at another site was such a horrible experience that I have not bothered to try it again for the last several months. Is it just me or are there a lot of control freaks out there, who are unwilling to just let people be themselves. One of these days I will have to learn how to do all those neat little pictures and faces and stuff.

------------------
Do as you will lest ye harm no one else in the doing.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:12 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Keylar
Welcome to the Ironworks Forums (fora?). Not to worry, this board is one of the most friendly and civilised boards I have ever had the pleasure and privilege to post in! Others will drop by soon to say hello too, including the (in)famous Welcome Wagon (TM).

Just remember - treat others the way you want to be treated on the board, and you'll be fine. On, and don't mind the occasional troll (yes, we get them too occasionally).

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-18-2001, 11:13 PM   #3
Moni

Well hello Keylar!
Let me be one of the fist to tell you Welcome to Ironworks!
I am sure you will find your experiences here a pleasurable change from the one you described.
Just be a good Minotaur and no one will give you any trouble!
Look for the official Ironworks Welcome Wagon to be rolling through anytime, our own Cloudbringer at the helm. Watch your feet as she has been known to scrape some toes with it.
Our little smilies are easy to find! When you are replying to a message,
<-------right about there you will see a link titled Smilies Legend. Click on it and there you have all the know how you need to type them out to show up.

Well I had better stop typing and actually post this or I may be one of the sixth or seventh to welcome you aboard!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 07-18-2001).]

Old 07-18-2001, 11:18 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Moni
I beat you it.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-18-2001, 11:25 PM   #5
Moni

LOL Hayashi!
I knew someone would!
Glad it was you!!!

Moni

------------------

Old 07-18-2001, 11:33 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Welcome Keylar. Sorry about your bad experiences. You have found one of the best boards around. Nice to meet you.

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 11:48 PM   #7
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Keylar! Welcome! I really think you will like it here. IW is diferent frommost places. Glad you are here.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-19-2001, 12:52 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Keylar the Minotaur:
Hey all,

Actually its my first time posting Here! My first time at another site was such a horrible experience that I have not bothered to try it again for the last several months. Is it just me or are there a lot of control freaks out there, who are unwilling to just let people be themselves. One of these days I will have to learn how to do all those neat little pictures and faces and stuff.
Be welcome here at Ironworks and do feel safe posting! As long as you follow the basic rules of no flaming or foul language and no unmarked spoilers in any forum, you'll have no trouble at all.

Cloudbringer
Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-19-2001, 01:40 AM   #9
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hi Keylar!
Friendly greetings!
Check out the books board while your here...
Tell us about your favorite book!
Old 07-19-2001, 01:53 AM   #10
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome Keylar!!!! The people here at Ironworks are much different from those I find anywhere else. I don't even post anywhere else. Just follow the rules and you'll do just fine!

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 07-19-2001).]