Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #221
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Kynnen:

"A traitor! He is the cause of my unnatural lingering on this plane!

I shall speak no more to you.
Go! Leave me!
Or do what you have come to do, dark-skinned one!"
Old 08-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #222
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Marcos' Party

Two arrows were fired but never slowed the animated armor as there was no flesh to pierce, not organs to open. However, a warhammer certainly did make an interesting change in the battle. The armor flew across the room and crashed into the wall, some pieces breaking off from it. However, it returned to its floating position and came at the group again, sword hovering without a grasping hand.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #223
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Joseph

He allows himself a minute or two to be impressed – after all it is one helluva piece of work, this tower of formidable darkness that rises upward from black stone and radiates shadow outward across this barren landscape. Time is short, if understands the situation correctly, however, and his gaze swiftly changes to one of cold and intense appraisal What the others are doing he does not know, nor does he care for attentive study is required here and he can afford no mistakes. He steps away from the group, moving slowly as he gazes upon the tower from a variety of angles. Neither windows nor doors are to be discerned, nor can one readily determine the thickness of its dark walls. Armies might well expend themselves in futility were they to besiege so mighty a structure as this that betrays neither weakness nor seam in its construction.

Seam? Now there is an interesting word!

He bends and touches the smooth back stone of the great slabs that surround the tower – those same stone slabs carried here by Terrakis and his fellows when it was time to restore the Mage to life and power. He, of course, knows nothing of this history, but simply desires tactile contact with this most curious stone as he considers the nature of the fortress which rises upward from its unyielding darkness.

Unyielding darkness – now there’s another turn of phrase.

He stands. This is an idea that must be tested immediately. His movements are graceful as his hands trace an intricate pattern until streams of shadow dance about his moving arms. Knowing nothing of the history of this game and of this place and not concerning himself with the others he does not realize that their faces may well be registering horror at such bold recklessness as the use of shadow-laden enchantments at the base of the Mage’s tower. There is also no expression of relief on his own face when nothing terrible ensues in the wake of this brief exercise. He smiles. Of course he was right, that’s what all those years of work and study were for – problems like this, not disguising adventurers from things that would eat them.

“Just like I thought,” he says turning to the others. “This tower – hell, this whole IronWorks place - uses a very specific way of working with shadows......” Looking directly at Larry he says, “You sure you wanna do this, kid? I can get us in.” He holds the young man’s gaze a moment before looking once more at the others. “Of course, I can’t make any guarantees about keeping us alive once we’re in there. But, hey, if stuff like this was easy folks like us’d be outta work, right?”

There is a note of real excitement on the edges of his words, but whether his confidence is equally genuine or a remarkably effective mask is impossible to determine.

[ 08-21-2005, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 08-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #224
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry Silverfall 23/23

Larry was indeed stunned at the use of what appeared to be shadow magic right at the base of the Tower of Shadow...the most evil place on Ironworks that he knew of. Either Joseph was as ballsy as an elephant, or he was plain crazy. Then he was addressed directly.

"If it is true that the Mage is not in there, then we will not have too much to fear.

I don't know who you are or how you can work shadows like you do...but lead on and I shall follow.

This is not for me...my life is for my departed wife's sake.
"

With that, Larry stepped forward.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #225
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Plaxica and KayLisa Greywolf

When last we left our heroes......

• Plaxica had successfully purified Arcades’ blood as it drained toward the Ley Lines, saving them from further corruption.
  • The ritual so disrupted the sacred space between the standing stones that the battle between KayLisa and the banewolves ended abruptly.
  • The battle was not without its casualties, however, as two of the druid’s wolves were slaughtered and absorbed into one of the banewolves. KayLisa herself was bitten and the life-destroying corruption of the banewolf’s bite has entered her body.
  • Most disturbing of all, however, is that another enemy has entered the field in the person of that shadowy aspect of herself that the Modding Mage had separated from KayLisa. The banewolves, it seems, are gathering in a pack around her.
A summary of things seemed in order before resuming this plotline.

I'm assuming that Plaxica is presently flying back in the direction of the standing stones and that KayLisa is taking stock of the damage that has been done and trying to determine the extent to which she is affected by the banewolf's bite.

[ 08-22-2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 08-22-2005, 02:44 PM   #226
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

Morguerat looked around, the scene was imposing, but then again the Shadow mage always did have an air of the melodramatic, as well as a well stocked bestiary to deter unwanted visitors. "Larry, The mage may not be home, but that hardly means that we can afford to lower our guards, I've fleeting memories of a mass of tentacles sculpted from bone that used to guard the lower passages, I would wager that it was banished when the tower fell, but would not put it past the mage to restock his tower with horrors of a similar scale. Caution first, curiosity second."

That said Morguerat was most interested in seeing how the place had been redecorated, that flair for the dramatic helped create breathtaking views and grande hallways before, whether it would continue to be so was a question that would wait to be answered until they actually entered. Nodding his approval to Joseph the former knight spoke again "Let's get this over with, in and out as quickly as we can, I have never been fond of the feel of this place, nor do I wish to dwell in it's shadow any longer than need dictates."
Old 08-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #227
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The Sign of the Ear

Long has IronWorks had them, some would say even from the very beginning of the writing of posts upon these forums. Indeed, there are those who would say that from even before the first post was written and entered upon these boards the mysterious Choc, that One who demands all submission, has had his prophets. Some there are, and their numbers seem to be increasing, who claim that Ziroc himself is but a mask worn by Choc. Great are these mysteries and whose eye is so strong and whose sight so clear as to penetrate those mists of time and distance which veil them that the truth might be known?

What is known, however, is that there are those who claim to prophesy in the name of Choc and that they have grown active in this late age, wandering about the forums and announcing that they have seen the terrible portent of great changes and terrible upheaval. The Sign of the Ear, it is called, a sign unexpected and startling, a sign whose hidden meaning must be discovered but whose very appearance guarantees that its hidden promise shall soon be realized.

And so they wander the lands of IronWorks, these prophets of the mighty Choc, announcing the sign and rousing those whose hearts slumber complacently to be ready, for mysteries strange and terrible have been seen in the Sign of Ear. And while what is promised remains hidden, the promise is certain and its arrival is soon.

ooc: See this post and subsequent discussion for the impetus behind the scene outlined above.

[ 08-23-2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 08-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #228
Salinye
Manshoon

Senora

Senora kept her eyes closed for a minute, her eyelids becoming a pink screen before her and waited for her eyes to adjust to the light of day. This was not the first time she had traveled between two planes of existence. However, this was the first time she did so voluntarily. She could hear the others moving around her. Finally she lifted her lashes to glance out at the surrounding area from within the confines of her hood. The large structure of a tower immediately filled her view. According to Joseph, they now stood at the foot of Larry’s home. She crinkled her eyebrows in curiosity looking from the tower to Larry. She wouldn’t have ever guessed this to be his home, and in looking at him, it didn’t take her gift of empathy to see that he clearly was not comfortable being here. She took a step towards him then stopped having to fight her natural urge to offer him words of comfort. The last thing they all needed was for her to upset him again.

After hearing the comments that Morguerat had to say regarding the place, her own emotions teetered nearer to where Larry's must lie. This place may be many things, but a safe haven was not one of them. She had never before seen a building constructed of the unique material this one was built with. "I'm assuming there is a magical way in? Are the walls of the tower dangerous in and of themselves, or is it just what lies inside that we are to fear?"

**I realized that I missed a post when I was reading the rest of the thread that has taken place while I was away, so I needed to modify the last paragraph of my post.**

[ 08-23-2005, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Salinye ]
Old 08-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #229
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry Silverfall 23/23

Larry remembered the bone creature that had guarded his first floor years ago, as Morgie brought it up. He nearly sickened at the thought of it. He had created that abomination! He did not say anything to him about it, but in reply to Senora, he said,

"There used to be a door before this place was destroyed by the Windbringer. And a window or two. When I rebuilt it I knew that it had to be stronger and more secure, and so made the necessary modifications to keep out trespassers. However, there are magical ways in...but it requires powerful, wise people to do so. I mean...I could not protect against everything, and I am glad for it...because if not for that alternate and opposing power, I would probably be standing on the other side of that wall right now, and certainly not welcoming you in.

The walls are special...but not dangerous. I am sure our friend Joseph has figured out what they are made of by now, and I am interested in seeing how he plans to get through them."

He turns back around to Joseph.

"Let's hear it, then. It's your show."
Old 08-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #230
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat

The former knight observed Larry, noting his discomfort at the mention of the "pet" he'd made. He then turned his attention back to the walls and studying the stone there-of. They looked to be made of stone, fit together without seam or crevice, a shadow standing in defiance of the sunlight, and the natural tendency of shadow to fall against other objects. Thinking about it as a stone structure didn't seem to make entry any less problematic, and so he considered shadow. Light could banish shadows, but only to the nearest crack, where it would remain as dark as ever. Still it might "banish" a door, and darkness... Utter and complete black could also banish shadow, for without light there could be no shadow, and yet, in complete darkness there would be no way to see into the tower, much less navigate once inside. He mused silently about how to light their way into the tower, wondering if Joseph had the answers he sought. He moved back from the walls to watch and see what was coming, cradling his staff in the crook of his elbow, almost, but not quite casually.
Closed Thread