Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2001, 12:42 PM   #1
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

*** Looking about at the newly refurbished downstairs, the Bard smiles and checks his inventory listing. Turnip Ale, Mead, assorted ales and beers. The summoned ogre comes in from the cart outside, carrying 10 cases of Elven wine. Looking at KDog, the ogre grunts, "Where yoo want booze, boss? Yoo not tell soon, me drink it, me am thirsty after wurk!"

Chuckling to himself, he points to the cellar stairs. "Bring them downstairs please, and don't worry, I'll take care of you," making a mental note to make sure the ogre gets a case of dwarven whiskey before the summoning spell wears off. "Hey boss! What are we gonna do about the name?" calls a voice from behind him. His new manager, a mouthy little runt of a halfling, Shanty, has a smoking pipe in one hand, the other pointing to the old sign, hanging by only one chain outside the front door. It's weathered letters read what might have once been "Moon's Hope Inn," a place known throughout the realm, not always for good things, but always for something happening.

"I'm not sure yet, but we have time before we open to come up with something, right? Now, don't you have something better to do," KDog's eyes narrow, a little dangerously, "Like finish repairing the tap lines from the cellar to the bar, which I've been waiting for a week from you?"

Shanty winces almost imperceptively and drops his haughty tone. "Ummm, yeah, I, err, forgot about that, I'll get right on it!!"

Reaching into new leather tunic, he pulls out a cigarette and slips it into his mouth and lights it with a spark from his fingers. Almost as an afterthought, he casts a quick Flame Arrow spell, and with a crak , the fireplace roars to life, burning the accumulated dust from the old, dry logs in the hearth. "Yeah, he thinks, "Even if no one comes to visit, by god, I can make one hell of a nightclub out of this..." ***

...to be continued...

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 08-30-2001).]
Old 08-30-2001, 12:47 PM   #2
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

*Hearing noises coming from inside as he's walking past his old "home-away-from-home", Zeeke stops and checks the door. Finding it unlocked, he slowly opens it, and is surprised to see Kdog standing behind the bar, apparently day-dreaming about something.

Missing his old friend dearly, Zeeke enters quietly and moves over to the bar. Pulling up a worn, dusty stool, he sits down and waits patiently for the cigarette that he knows Kdog will toss him in a practiced ritual that seems second-nature to them both.*

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 08-30-2001, 12:50 PM   #3
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

So, what's up buddy? You mean to tell me that you were gonna try to reopen this place without letting me help? I made a name for myself once, here, and I would certainly like to do it again. Now, you going to let me get in on the fun?
Old 08-30-2001, 12:52 PM   #4
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
*Hearing noises coming from inside as he's walking past his old "home-away-from-home", Zeeke stops and checks the door. Finding it unlocked, he slowly opens it, and is surprised to see Kdog standing behind the bar, apparently day-dreaming about something.

Missing his old friend dearly, Zeeke enters quietly and moves over to the bar. Pulling up a worn, dusty stool, he sits down and waits patiently for the cigarette that he knows Kdog will toss him in a practiced ritual that seems second-nature to them both.*

*** Looking up from his paperwork (why is there always paperwork with anything legit nowdays, he wonders to himself) he sees the ranger of rangers, Zeeke and with a grin and a well practiced flip, tosses him a cigarette. "Whassup?!?!?!" He calls out and claps Zeeke heartily on the back. "I see you're being as productive as always at your job!! Hehehe, Yeah, I've been thinking about the old place and while it wouldn't fit today's climate within the realm, I think I can whip up one hell of a bar, if I take some time and do it right, ya know?" ***

------------------
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-30-2001, 12:58 PM   #5
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
So, what's up buddy? You mean to tell me that you were gonna try to reopen this place without letting me help? I made a name for myself once, here, and I would certainly like to do it again. Now, you going to let me get in on the fun?
*** Tosses Zeeke some carpentry tools, purchased from the local journeyman and hops over the bar to intercept the ogre before he begins eating the inventory.*
"HEY!! Leave that!! I told you I'd take care of you and I will. That's for the cold cellar, not the hungry lout hauling my food!! Zeeke, if you wanna help, feel free to start working on the bar, it needs to be planed down and restained. You up for it?" With that, KDogRex shoots Zeeke a mischievious grin ***

------------------
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-30-2001, 01:01 PM   #6
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
*** Tosses Zeeke some carpentry tools, purchased from the local journeyman and hops over the bar to intercept the ogre before he begins eating the inventory.*
"HEY!! Leave that!! I told you I'd take care of you and I will. That's for the cold cellar, not the hungry lout hauling my food!! Zeeke, if you wanna help, feel free to start working on the bar, it needs to be planed down and restained. You up for it?" With that, KDogRex shoots Zeeke a mischievious grin ***

***Grabbing the tools that Kdog has tossed him, he gets a mischievious twinkle in his eyes. "Yeah, I'm up for it. We can turn this place into one helluva joint if we do it right. Planed down and restained, huh? Hmmm.....wonder what I should stain it with?" Chuckles to himself and starts working on the bar....taking his time, of course, but working none-the-less. "Hey, you know what we need? TUNES!!!!!!!! Can ya fix us up, o conjurer of conjurers?"***
Old 08-30-2001, 01:06 PM   #7
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

***Grabbing the tools that Kdog has tossed him, he gets a mischievious twinkle in his eyes. "Yeah, I'm up for it. We can turn this place into one helluva joint if we do it right. Planed down and restained, huh? Hmmm.....wonder what I should stain it with?" Chuckles to himself and starts working on the bar....taking his time, of course, but working none-the-less. "Hey, you know what we need? TUNES!!!!!!!! Can ya fix us up, o conjurer of conjurers?"***
*** Looks over at the object covered with a large sheet in the corner and grins. Grabbing a large, clay mug, he hurls it at the corner and it shatters against the object. As it does, the sheet slides off and the object lights up and begins playing some cheezy eighties hair metal. Charlie's Shite Jukebox is back!!!!! ***

------------------
I AM the bard eternal

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 08-30-2001).]
Old 08-30-2001, 01:15 PM   #8
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

RL MOMENT ALERT: I am going to lunch, and I don't have my cell today (the woman's got it). If you want, you can call my house in about 15 minutes, then I can talk. Otherwise, later!!!

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 08-30-2001, 01:50 PM   #9
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
RL MOMENT ALERT: I am going to lunch, and I don't have my cell today (the woman's got it). If you want, you can call my house in about 15 minutes, then I can talk. Otherwise, later!!!

RL Reply: Wiping the remains of his burrito from his beard, Steve types in " No prob, man, just went to lunch myself, that explains why you weren't answering your cell tho!! "

------------------
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-30-2001, 02:18 PM   #10
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
*** KDog sits in his large leatherbound chair at the oak table, polishing the brass fittings for the bar, the tap pipes, spigots and the rest of the fixtures. Whistling quietly to himself, in his own world, while Zeeke is off grabbing some grub, the time drifts by.
Suddenly, there is a clattering from downstairs, followed by a rushing noise that gets louder until suddenly at the bar, beer comes gushing from one of the taps, forcefully, drenching the freshly sanded bar. Quickly grabbing one of the unpolished fittings, KDog runs to the bar and, as beer soaks him from head to toe, he forces the fitting into place, stemming the flow of the golden liquid and foam. Just as he tightens it the final turn and closes off the valve, Shanty comes running up the stairs.
"Boss, boss!!! Watch out, I got the first tap fixed, but I think it's open upst--ummm, errr, gee boss, ummm, are you okay? Maybe I'll just" Shanty begins shuffling slowly backward, back toward the cellar, "get back to work downstairs...yeah, that's what I'll do!" With that, the halfling turns and bolts back down the stairs, surpressing both fear and laughter at the same time.

Grabbing a bar rag, KDog wipes the alcohol from his face and grins broadly, almost doubling over in mirth. His ogre, Maruca, looks at him, confused.

"Why yoo not smash little man? He make you all beery! Yoo shood crush him! Squash him and eat his bones!!! That wat Maruca doo when little men make fun of Maruca!"

Shaking his head roughly, sending beer everywhere, KDog laughs out oud and turns to the slow, but strong ogre. "Why on earth would I do that? Shanty may be small and a bit on the clumsy side, but he's got a head for numbers and knows how to run a business, THAT'S why I hired him, not for his mechanical ability, Just like I hired you for your brute strength and that little acorn in your head that says 'CRUSH!!' when I tell you to! I actually have him working downstairs, so that mind of his isn't trying to come up with ways to play practical jokes on us! Now, go ahead and finish hauling that inventory and bring it to the cellar, Shanty will tell you where to put it all, okay?"

Wiping down the bar, KDog laughs and waits for the next thing to happen... ***