Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2001, 07:08 PM   #21
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Mine started as a pet name that my older brother's girlfriend used to call me by saying my first name really fast (the "th" in my name sounded like an "f"). I decided to use it as the name of my main character in an rpg, I think the game was Legend of Legaia but I'm not sure. Anyway, the name sort of stuck and it's my name for many things.

I don't know what else I'd call myself at all... It's been hanging around for a while .

-Jafin
Old 08-28-2001, 07:25 PM   #22
Tancred
White Dragon

Tancred de Hautville was a Duke from France, and apparently reputed to be the noblest of a bad lot. He fought in the Crusades. It sounded like a nice name for a noble knight, and so became the name of my first successful BG character, a Paladin... and from there, on to my name here.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:10 PM   #23
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

This is a name I use frequently in different games, from BG through to Deus Ex, and as one of my internet user-names. Don't really know where it came from, probably one of my old alter egos from my band, mutated into a new form. I just like the sound of it.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:48 PM   #24
Tananda
Elminster

Tananda or, shorter, Tanda is the character from Myth-series written by Asprin. I love these books with all their humor and just picked this name while registering.
It is not my original nickname though, so in case of changing it, I'd change my nick to my *native*, Lacie. It is Lewis Carroll's anagram for his Alice:
`Once upon a time there were three little sisters,' the
Dormouse began in a great hurry; `and their names were Elsie,
Lacie, and Tillie; and they lived at the bottom of a well--'

'Tis one of my favorite books (still , besides, in every new game I feel like Alice in Wonderland... well, sometimes in RL, too!

Old 08-29-2001, 12:10 AM   #25
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

My first kicka$$ female character. Signed up late at night and coudn't think. If I could change it now, among others I would have to choose from, it would probably be Psylocke.

------------------
Old 08-29-2001, 12:25 AM   #26
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

it sounded better than "Lazy-Worthless-Bum-boy"

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 08-29-2001, 12:50 AM   #27
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Cause I usally play Rangers, and "Great-Ranger" or just Ranger dosent sound right.

And of course cause i am GRAND in every way of the word

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way to....

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 08-29-2001).]
Old 08-29-2001, 01:02 AM   #28
G'kar

G'kar is my favorite character on the epic sci-fi show "Babylon 5". Around the time I signed up I learned that a new original movie from that show would be on the sci-fi channel in November,and that particular character would be making a return in it.

Old 08-29-2001, 10:33 AM   #29
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Moni is just short for my given name Monique...easier to type too.
If I were going to change it I'd be LastTruePrincess to match my sig (my screen name for various internet services & mailboxes) but nah...that just involves more typing.

Moni - why Last True Princess? What's the story behind that?? I'm intrigued!

Old 08-29-2001, 11:20 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

I am a donut therefore my name is Donut.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas