Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thought you guys might be interested in this. It's the official NWN intro story.

Players begin the official campaign in the northern city of Neverwinter on the eve of a deadly and all-consuming plague. The sickness spreads quickly from its origin in the beggars' quarter, and soon all of Neverwinter is under quarantine and falling victim to what will become known as the Wailing Death. A plea for help is sent to the allied city of Waterdeep, and the powerful wizard Khelben Blackstaff Arunsun arranges for a collection of rare and magical creatures to be delivered to Neverwinter where they might serve as reagents to a cure. The heavily guarded caravan enters the troubled city with great secrecy, but to no avail. Somehow betrayed, the caravan is beset by unknown assailants who succeed in releasing the Waterdhavian creatures into that Neverwinter night.
At the behest of Lord Nasher and the young Tyrist paladin, Aribeth de Tylmarande, the adventurers of the city set out to recapture the dangerous creatures of Waterdeep, cure the Wailing Death, and unravel the conspiracy of Neverwinter's mysterious betrayers. With the lifting of the quarantine, the players follow the web of betrayals north, in search of answers and the words of a lost prophecy.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 06:33 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Now if only it would come out soon..........
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:55 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I know im probably just being very stupid but i thought Neverwinter was a drow city.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 03:28 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Just looked it up, am i missing something?

VI. DROW CITIES

Rilauven - Drow city of Neverwinter

Abaethaggar Abburth Baereghel
Charrvhel'raugaust Chaulssin Ched Nasad
Cheth Rrhinn Erelhei-Cinlu Eryndlyn
Faneadar Guallidurth Haundrauth
Ithilaughym Llurth Dreier Luihaulen'tar
Maerimydra Menzoberranzan Orlytlar
Sshamath Sshanntynlan Szithlin
T'lindhet Tyrybblyn Uluitur
Undraeth V'elddrinnsshar Waethe Hlammachar
Yuethindrynn

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 09:59 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

That's a different city. The city of Neverwinter is on the Sword Coast, north of Waterdeep, south of Luskan.

------------------
Old 06-13-2001, 01:49 PM   #6
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Any new news on a release date Mem

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:40 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Sorry about that, everything i know of Fearum and the sword coast i learned from you guys or from bg.
But im planning on buying some Salvatore books on my next trip acros the channel.

------------------

Old 06-14-2001, 10:42 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I´ve heard the Europian release date is march 2002, so the Americans among us will probably have it a few months sooner.

------------------

Old 06-16-2001, 05:58 PM   #9
Grey Wolf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

According to the main age the US release date is September 15th.
Grey Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 10:38 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Winter 2001 but that could mean anything.

I'd hope that they got it right before releasing though, look at what happened to Ultima Online, that had so much potential but now the whole image of the product in the marketplace has been irrevocably tarnished. I'd rather they waited and made sure it all worked the way it's supposed to before releasing.

I bought the new Forgotten Realms Campaign sourcebook from Amazon.com last week and some of the Prestige classes and Feats available for Faerun-based campaigns looked excellent. If they can implement some or all of those (Red Wizard, Shadow Adept, Archmage, Divine Champion, etc) this game will kick some MAJOR ass and will revolutionize online gaming.

------------------