Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 04:26 PM   #1
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I am not able to kill him... Whatever I do, it just won't die. I set all traps possible before talking to it and making him hostile, and it only puts him down to 'Barely Injured', which is weird because the first time I did that he was 'Injured' after that. Then I use the Ring of the Ram, get him to 'Injured', but after that nothing else seems to work. I keep try to take away his spell protection, but it only works for about 5 secs, and then he's invunerable again.

So, does anybody have any good tactics? (better that mine) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
Daniel_M
Elminster

Well you can lay down lots and lots of spike traps, make a chain congeniency with 3 horrid writings and a spell trigger with Ruby ray of reversal pirece shield x2 and let it rip, then send your tanks in to pick up th peices...

-----------------------------------------------------------

No! My name is Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif, and I cannot be captured! I will throw my mighty scimitar at your head rather then suffer the indignity of prison! Hiiii Yaa!
Old 04-14-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
NamelessOne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's a cheesy way. Just have one person talk to him then run away before he tries to attack. Then have someone cast loads of cloud kills and other spells like that. After a while he'll just drop dead.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:28 PM   #4
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Drop his spell protections. Suround him with your tanks and shred him with greater whirlwinds. Foebane is a good idea. Hell die quickly. Faster if you decide to soften him up with traps first. This technique works for pretty much every creature in the game.

chev
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:03 PM   #5
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Thanks. I beat him.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:13 PM   #6
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

another way to do him in is with the "ctrl+Y" cheat key. No matter how many times you hit it , it doesnt kill him , BUT it does put him at almost dead. This still doesnt make it an easy fight as demogorgon is one bad mother grabber , but it does make it a more manageable fight.

[ 04-15-2002, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 04-16-2002, 12:49 PM   #7
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Are you guys talking about killing the improved demogorgon that you download from somewhere? Im a little confused....I know the improved demogorgon is really hard, but the normal demogorgon in TOB playing on core rules difficulty has never struck me as being the great big hard fight that everyone makes it out to be( unless your party is woefully underpowered at that point). With a party average at level 20, without using traps, I knocked him out in under 6 or 7 rounds. The second time I fought him, I used traps to soften him up and killed him in literally seconds. Im not bragging...there are plenty of hard fights in the keep...the last group of guardians of the seal that you break before getting to demo's chamber was much more difficult than the demo encounter himself, and I reloaded that one about 5 times before I got thru it acceptably.

I dont mean to make dropping his spell protections sound overly easy...he raises them quickly and in abundance. You should have two casters doing nothing else but running around and blasting him with anti defensive spells...good ones...breach isnt gonna do it...if you dont have level 7 and up magic, you probably shouldnt be messing with the demon prince of the underworld. At first sight you should blast him with a couple Warding Whips, in case one doesnt take, that way his magics will fall apart as soon as he casts them round by round, and you can hit him with other ward breaching spells. From there, the best defense is a good offense...surround him with tanks and hack away with repeated greater whirlwinds. Nothing stands up to this kind of assault. You might lose a couple party members along the way, but thats what they make the rod of ressurection for. Once demo is down you can devote your attention to his buddies which are actually a bigger pain than he is. And dont time-stop...this wont work out well for you.

Chev
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 10:13 PM   #8
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

hehe, Jean Rombaud (berserker/thief) sneezed and Demogorgon shuddered. Actually, the Holy Avenger whacked him so much that Sarevok's GWWs got through no prob. Honestly, improved Demogorgon is only a minor bother. A solo blade would make mincemeat of him in only moments. Then again, a solo blade makes mincemeat of just about everything in seconds.

Oh, and if I remember right, I remeber something about demogorgon being immune to all spells below level 7. Maybe only improved. Regardless, why anybody would bother casting spells on the punk is well beyond me. Good'ol Cas-o-matic killing machine works well enough for me. The big secret is of course having a tank thats got regeneration through the roof and is immune to level drain to occupy him (preferably with a dispeller). Jean Rombaud sure made good use of that stolen Ring of Gax and the one he earned. hehe
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:37 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by toriuxik:
~~ Oh, and if I remember right, I remeber something about demogorgon being immune to all spells below level 7. Maybe only improved. Regardless, why anybody would bother casting spells on the punk is well beyond me. ~~
Improved Demogorgan is immuned to all spells level 6 and below, except Breach; and as to why people would bother casting spells on the punk, well... my solo Sorcerer annihilated Improved Demogorgan within four rounds on Insane Difficulty.

Had more fun 'playing' with Improved Demogorgan with my solo Cavalier though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ADD]
Although nothing will beat the cheese of instant kill by seven Spike Traps. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/ADD]

[ 04-22-2002, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote