Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 04:31 PM   #1
holiday
Welcomed New User

I have somehow managed to exclude myself from attaining the fighter stronghold. I have indeed killed the Torlag(or whomever)character and his giant troll bodyguards yet when i return to speak with Nalia I still recieve the old messages from her....no change!!!! My journal in fact says that I faced Torlag but Nalia and her gang still just keep giving me that "oh father is still alive" stuff.....Well he's not alive baby...but I can't seem to make her see. It sucks because I am far along here, I did this particular quest rather late......I dont want to start over, but i do want to see the Stronghold......I like my fighter. Can anyone help?

Is it necessary to have nalia in one's party in order to complete the fighter stronghold quest? I defeated Torgal without her and now I seemed locked in a loop. What are Multiplayer games to do if the party is full? If Nalia must be present at the battle isn't this a serious bug?

Old 05-24-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by holiday:
I have somehow managed to exclude myself from attaining the fighter stronghold. I have indeed killed the Torlag(or whomever)character and his giant troll bodyguards yet when i return to speak with Nalia I still recieve the old messages from her....no change!!!! My journal in fact says that I faced Torlag but Nalia and her gang still just keep giving me that "oh father is still alive" stuff.....Well he's not alive baby...but I can't seem to make her see. It sucks because I am far along here, I did this particular quest rather late......I dont want to start over, but i do want to see the Stronghold......I like my fighter. Can anyone help?

Is it necessary to have nalia in one's party in order to complete the fighter stronghold quest? I defeated Torgal without her and now I seemed locked in a loop. What are Multiplayer games to do if the party is full? If Nalia must be present at the battle isn't this a serious bug?

Hmmm....I usually have her in my party if I play as a fighter class character.....you might need a reload, I am not sure.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 05:01 PM   #3
BladeMaster

Did you talk to her before you went in the keep. And no you do not need her in your party to do the quest. I never have her in my party when I do that quest and I always play a fighter.

------------------

Old 05-25-2001, 02:09 AM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Did you look for her father's body? IIRC it's in there somewhere.
Don't really know if that's the key, it's just a thought.
Old 05-25-2001, 02:25 AM   #5
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Did you force-attack Turlag? That might have disrupted something. Or maybe you need to go over to the body. I've never had any problems, though I've heard you need to get the quest from Nalia first.
Old 05-25-2001, 06:24 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

If nalia didnt apprach you at the copper coronet ITS NOT A QUEST YET.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 11:51 AM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

spoilers!!!
i have successfully claimed nalia's keep as my stronghold and these 2 entries are in my journal. the first is entered upon clearing the keep of all the baddies:

:The de'Arnise Keep has been cleared.

:After a difficult battle, the keep of Nalia's family
:has finally been cleared of its troll invaders.
:Unfortunately, Lord de'Arnise could not be
:rescued and had been killed by the troll leader,
:TorGal. Nalia, however, remains alive...although
:her future in her own keep seems anything less
:than certain.

followed by this when i weaseled the keep from her *lol*. well, she /did/ suggest it:

:Ruling the de'Arnise Keep and Lands

:Nalia has asked me to caretake her family's lands
:so that the Roenalls do not have the opportunity
:to take it from her whether she likes it or not.
:Her father's major domo will assist me, running
:the day-to-day activities of the keep and
:collecting the taxes for me when I visit. The
:major domo estimates that after the keep's
:maintenance is paid and money for the new
:garrison is deducted, I should make about 500 gp
: per week... which I can collect whenever I like. I
:can also raise taxes, but I must be careful of
:angering the people.

--if you have cleared her keep but don't have the first entry, then you didn't successfully get the quest.
--if you /did/ get the quest, but neglected to 1) talk to nalia and the head of the guard before going into the keep to clear it or 2)talk to both women (nalia and her auntie delcia) upon clearing it out then you missed important triggers.
--the auto-save has been rewritten if you have left to do other things, in which case, unless you have a good save of your own, then it's lost to you.

i hope you get it sorted out. it's not like becoming the queen of faerun, but it's still a nice little place to store stuff and feel pretty cool. *lol*

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 05-25-2001).]