Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day all

Just treated myself to the game and so prepare yourself for a LOT of questions, some dumb, so bear with me [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Ok just loaded up IWD and HOW from the ultimate Collection and found out that they are of the latest patch. Should I also load IWD2 at the same time? does this allow a seamless transfer from one to the other? is the transfer even possible? Does it alter anything in IWD1.

Much to my anoyance, thinking I had all IWD (it did say the ultimate collection) I see there is a downloadable expansion pack. but with my crap conection it would take a week to down load. can this be added later without affecting the game?

Thanks in advance, and I look foreword to talking to you all. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 06:12 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Welcome to the Icewind Dale forums

Icewind Dale to uses completely different 3ed rules. so you cannot transfer characters from IWD1 to it. Besides unlike BG1 and BG2, the people you play in IWD2 are completely different from those you played in IWD1. So I would say, wait till you finish IWD1 before starting IWD2.

As for TotL try getting it from Kazaa. It can be added anywhere in the game and since you will only reach the TotL areas towards the end of the game, you can start playing now and install TotL later after you finish downloading.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
Lymond
Manshoon

Welcome, wellard!

If possible, I would find a way to install TotL as soon as you can, preferably before starting your game. Not only is it the full and final patch to the game, but it changes the game a bit in a ways that you can take advantage of right away. If you just can't get it quickly, though, you haven't lost anything and, as ZFR said, it can be added at any time.

I have the same connection problem, so I downloaded it at work, and asked the computer guy to burn it to a cd. If you can't do something like that through work, school, or a friend, you may be able to order a cd online for a small fee. I don't know for sure, but I think it was US$6.

Lymond
Old 02-13-2004, 03:31 PM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

"you may be able to order a cd online for a small fee. I don't know for sure, but I think it was US$6." q.Lymond

Thanks for the response gentlemen, the fact that the "Ultimate" collection did not have everything in it did annoy me somewhat ...Grrrrr

In what way does it change the game? plot or playability? as mentioned it has the latest patches upon it.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Besides the latest patch it adds one huge area with new monsters new items (including a bag of holding) that can be acceseed through HoW... Anyway, more info here
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd/info/luremaster/
Old 02-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #6
Lymond
Manshoon

wellard,

From fileplanet:
Twenty new areas, mostly above ground. Areas include an entire haunted castle in the desert of Anauroch, and six subterranean levels.

New monsters include beholders, jackalweres, ochre jellies, harpies, and green slime creatures.

More unique items and bags of holding.
No new spells.

Adventure difficulty scales with the strength of the party.

Six new character portraits, two of which are female. These humans and half-elves are two fighters, a cleric, a mage, a druid and a ranger.

The "expansion expansion" should offer at least 8-10 more hours of gameplay.

Lymond