Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 02:17 PM   #1
Chewbacca
Zartan

They get not one, but two exclusive quests, one of which the rewards are out of line with the challenge. I am refering to the first one. This reward made the rest of the chapter and half of the interlude a cakewalk.

The second one is a tough fight, but grows easy because you collect can the reward before defeating its gaurdian. It is a great reward, the best for the class IMO.

I made it to chapter two with my Pali, but I'm bored cause I feel over-powered. I'm gonna start over this second run and play a mage or a druid.

There is alot of goody-two shoes roleplaying value from playing a Palidan in SOU, so it's not all bad. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 07-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You could try turning ON item level restrictions - so you can NOT use the Holy Avenger until level 14. [img]smile.gif[/img] Makes the game a little more difficult. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I gather you mean a holy avenger or something? I played an evil Rogue in the OC so steered far away from do-gooding lol.

Not really related to the topic but as a side, that Blackguard in the OC kicked me around about 3 times before I killed him. Oh the pain!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Micah you posted just as I was so I didn't see your reply till now but I wondered were the ILR's turned off for the OC, cuz mine still are right now even in other offline modules - didn't notice till loaded up my own and equipped my first level with a 20th level rapier.

No biggy would just like to make sure the game did it as I didn't.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:26 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
You could try turning ON item level restrictions - so you can NOT use the Holy Avenger until level 14. [img]smile.gif[/img] Makes the game a little more difficult. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I had considered dropping the thing off at the temple at the oasis, for pure roleplay value, but now that I am in chapter two, thats impossible. I figured no palidan facing evil like I was would just give the thing up except for an even nobler cause. Catch 22 perhaps?
Old 07-17-2003, 07:36 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I figured that my paladin hadn't totally proved worth enough to wield the sword, but couldn't discard it either. That's how I rationalized the level limits. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I HAVE been sorely tempted to turn those limits off though, but Jergal, Kel-garas, and the blackguard have all fallen under Desert Fury. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Guess I'll just have to wait until Hordes of the Underdark. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote