Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please for the love of god someone tell me what to do in chapter five. Ive killed the high priest throiskan over whatever, ive made the histachii brew. Ive put Mandel's spirit to rest, ive killed the fake nathinel, made wyvrens poison, expolored the whole area on every level and lowered the bridge on third level! There's this wierd door that has the tubes running into through the wall. Its right by the exit up to the 2nd level when you come into the third and i cant figure out what to do with it. Someone help me get to chapter six please!
Old 09-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

If you killed the high priest in the room where you found him, go back there
and check out the SE corner. There's a way down to the treasure room. After
taking what you want, go out the door and around the corner. You'll find the
exit to the next section (you may wish you hadn't found it, though .

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:44 PM   #3
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks
Old 09-14-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No go, cant find the door, be more specific please!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:11 AM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, it's there. After you exit the treasure room, you go up and around to the
northeast, and it should be to your right. That's all I can tell you. It isn't
anything hidden or complicated. Hope you can find it now.

Nightowl2
Old 09-15-2002, 01:35 AM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

All these puzzles without any serious clues is driving me batty.

I haven progressed as far as "Hells Forge". I haven't lowered the bridge, not have I gained access to the room in the SE corner of the map. I've walked a character all around the map a couple of extra times and have not found any hidden switches, etc.

I have not killed that fake NPC on level 2. I know that he's there, but since he's a pretty good merchant, I'm gonna let him live for now, unless it's necessary to take him out to make progress.

So...

How do you lower the bridge? I have an engineering manual, but the game hasn't let me use it on the bridge.

How do you open the door to the room in the SE?

Etc., etc.

I have made no potions. My wizard has huge numbers in spell craft and alchemy, but the game has not given me any chance to use them in Dragon's Eye as yet.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:29 AM   #7
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*Caution* Walk Through Spoiler

Now its my turn to help. To lower the bridge you have to do a number of things. Go to the prison on the 2nd level (Kill psychotic guy). Talk to the The special dude, dont know his name, hes the only guy in the prison with a name. Hell tell you about Mandel Graye, his partner, who was supposed to sabotage a expieriement in the lab. This "Experiment" is the histachii brew. This turns humans, like the dude in prison, to stupid half wit histachiis. The guy wants you to find Mandel and find the Root. After you talk to him go downstairs and you'll see on the text box Mandel Graye-Death. Hes up in the North west trail where the boulder trap is. The trail is at the top right corner, 2nd basement level. Go down to the third and get that sword that says Mandel on the scabbard. Mandel has been cursed so if he died without the sword... well hes gonna be here until he gets it back (hell be a ghoul). Take that bent looking longsword and give it to him, drop it on the ground whatever. When he gets it hell become himself and start mumbling out words and starts explaining how he died. He eventually tells you he threw the "Modified Mandrake Root" Over a rock wall right outside the alchemy lab entrance. To get to the place you have to go back up to the first level and go to the bottom left corner, work your way to the stair case leading down to the cave. Kill the ancient wyrm, take the mandrake then go to to the guy in the prison (Mandel's Friend). He'll tell you to go back down to the lab and switch it out. WARNING Dont not open the right most accesible table, it will petrify your guy, so make sure you got stone to flesh and raise dead. The Alchemist will come back and you tell him youve killed all the guards and none will come. He'll make the brew, sleep a few days and it'll say on the chat box "You hear the sound of a chain being tightened." Then the tables around you will start flashing green. Open the table were the histachii ingredients are supposed to go and take the brew to the guy. The guy will drink it then go down stairs. Hes at the egg room is what he says and hes not lying. Go back upstairs and sleep 4 times (8 hours each). Then go back down and he'll be gone. Hes at the Alchemy lab, go there and ask em to go research the purple flying brainy things. He'll go do it. Sleep and while and when hes gone go down to the third level and go up into the upper most right corner of the map (Library). He'll be there, ask em if hes got some of the histachii brew and have one of your guys drink it. Save it before you do. Ya know that room with the arch way that wont let ya in cause your human. Well for 4 hours your a histachii so go in that room and go to the very back, the histachii will be hostile but wont attack. Hold alt and hit the green row on the book shelf. It'll say the candle arent real or something blah blah blah then it will say you hear something fall in the distance. THATS THE BRIDGE AND NOW IM DONE!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:35 AM   #8
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HOLD UP! Now when you refer to an exit are you talking about that door that has the tubes running into the wall and has the stench of wyvrens poison? If so ok how do i open the dang thing. If not THEN TELL ME WERE EXACTLY ON THE MAP THIS "EXIT" IS AT PLEASE!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:56 AM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Okay, all I can think of is that maybe you haven't poisoned the four fountains
with the stuff you made from the wyvern stingers. All of them are on level 3,
and you may need to put the stuff in them to open the exit. Dunno for sure, as
I did the poisoning as I went around the level. Try that. Hope it helps.

Nightowl2
Old 09-15-2002, 03:43 PM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Hells Forge wrote:
Go down to the third and get that sword that says Mandel on the scabbard.
I've searched the areas that I have access to on the 3rd level and can't find that sword. Where should it be?
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote