Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

How do you beat these little suckers?

Admittedly, I haven't tried strategically positioning my characters, or casting any buffs before the battle starts, or any summons beforehand.

I just walked up to the last guy after completing the puzzle, and got my butt handed to me! I didn't know he was gunna attack me!

So, I guess I'm just asking for some tactical advice. Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, here's my party:

Krunchy the Cleric/Ranger Level 7/6
Jaheira Fighter/Druid Level 6/7
Minsc Ranger Level 7
Imoen Thief->Conjuror Level 5/8
Dynaheir Invoker Level 8
Coran Fighter/Thief Level 6/7

The levels are off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure they're accurate.

While I'm at it, can someone please direct me to experience charts. I want to know how high in levels my characters can actually get (without having to dig out my old books!). Thanks again!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You can get 162,000 XP or so with ToTSC installed.

You'll need haste for this fight. Also, have Dynaheir cast skull trap or cloud kill if you have it . Arrows are a big plus if you can place Imoen or Coran away from battle and have them fire off arrows.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:27 AM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

experience tables available form SixOfSpades' site

http://www.geocities.com/sixospades/bg/contents.htm
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Yes, follow Lord's instuctions and haste etc. Also use any other relevant potions to buff, and you can try and take them out one at a time if you wish, that makes it easier.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

How do you take them on one at a time?

If they're off-screen, will they not attack me?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Enemies will (almost always) only attack creatures that they can see--and if they're in your sight range, you're in theirs. A curious proof of this comes as a result of Blindness: A Thief cannot Hide in Shadows if any hostile creature is within his line of sight. But if he's Blind, he can Hide when he's only 5 feet away from an enemy, because the game thinks if you can't see him, then he can't see you. Weird.

(One) Solution to beating the Dwarven Warders: RUN. Run like hell. Usually spellcasting enemies will lose sight of you rather quickly, and only the melee fighting-types will be able to keep up. Allow the group to separate, then about-face and outnumber them (a quick blast from a Wand of Summoning is great for a temporary distraction in a case like this).

Also, I notice that when people give links to Volothamp's Comeuppance, they usually link to the Table of Contents, rather than the splash page. Is that just so you can avoid one more Geocities ad, or what?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:43 AM   #7
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Yeah, I beat them tonight. I ran away, and kept pelting the baddies with missile weapons while I had Imoen (she's a conjuror for me) summoning some monsters as meat shields.