Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 10:22 AM   #51
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb cast a Black Tentacles spell towards his brother, who had unfortunately foreseen that move and teleported out of reach of the tentacles, Neb rolled right just as his brother retaliated with a Lightning Bolt, blasting a hole in the roof where Neb had been moments before, when Neb got to his feet again he launched a Fireball towards his brother, this turned out to be useless since his brother had cast a Prismatic Sphere spell, surrounding himself with a magical globe which would kill any but the strongest who tried to reach him, as well as blocking all magical attacks and projectiles of all sorts, Neb pondered his problem for a moment, a Prismatic Sphere COULD be destroyed, but he lacked the spells neccessary to do so, his pondering of the problem was interrupted by a Lightning Bolt which struck him in his chest and lifted him off his feet, flinging him backwards, luckily he landed again before he went over the edge of the roof.

Neb knew that his brother's magic was stronger than his, that he was smarter than him and that he could foresee most of his moves, Neb had only one thing which his brother did not, his assasin training and his skill with a blade.

Neb drew the Boneblade that he had taken from Norochj's body, he did not know exactly what magic this blade possessed, but now would be an excellent time to find out since it might be his only chance of survival.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:22 PM   #52
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just as Larry was about to talk to Spree about the name of his new pup wolf, Isabeau had come streaking into the room, followed by a seemingly orgasmic Mistral. Stopping in front of Larry with the intent on speaking to him urgently, Larry could tell she wanted to say it in private, yet he didn't know if they had time to go into the next room before she would explode.

Taking her hand and leading her into the next room and shutting the door...Mistral told Lary about what she had been told. The joyous laughter and other surprised noises were almost loud enough to blow the door down. The people on the outside of that room just looked at each other in speculation and wonderment.

When the shouting and all finally ended, the room was deathly quiet. This brought even more raised eyebrows from the audience outside of that door. What they could not see was two forms, holding each other tightly, kissing so passionately, as to think that their lives depended on it.
Isabeau somehow smirked...her superior hearing knew the truth.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-04-2001, 02:48 PM   #53
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb held the boneblade in front of him, holding it with both hands, he closed his eyes and concentrated on the blade, on it's powers, he probed the powers and knew that he could unlock them, but did he dare to do so? It would be his only chance, but it might do more harm than good, Neb felt something very hot approaching from his front, he calmly took a step to the right, thereby avoiding the fireball his brother had flung at him, his assasin training had involved using other senses than his eyes, Neb probed the sword's powers again, he searched and then suddenly felt something click into place, an almost tangible aura of anti-magic could be felt emanating from the blade, expanding quickly.

Neb opened his eyes just as the aura reached his brother, he saw the shimmering Prismatic Sphere waver and then dissapear, his brother stood where the sphere had stood before, seemingly stunned by the sudden loss of his magic, Neb now had the advantage, with the Boneblade in his right hand he advanced upon his brother who held up his quarterstaff, prepared for Neb's attack.

Neb lashed out at his brother with the speed of a striking snake, his brother almost didn't manage to parry it and only barely caught it on his quarterstaff, he quickly pushed Neb back and tried to hit Neb on the head with his quarterstaff, Neb, however, was too fast and easily dodged the attack, he then charged towards his brother, intending to fell him with one blow, surprisingly, his brother managed to parry the attack, but the strength of Neb's charge bowled him over and he ended up lying flat on his back, Neb standing over him, prepared to end his life, but, he this was his brother, and so Neb gave him one last chance, "Kharanax, cease your hunt, I am not the one who killed our family, the assasins did, please, let us be brothers once more, I would hate to have to kill you." Kharanax laughed at the offer, "Forgive YOU?" he said, "You who brought death upon our house, you shouldn't have left the assasins, and do not be so sure of your victory my dear brother." with lightning speed, Kharanax reached within his robes and withdrew a blood-red crystal, he held it over his heart and swiftly murmured an incantation.

Neb jumped back as Kharanax's body started to convulse, he had met mages who would rather use their bodies as living bombs than let themselves be defeated, but what his brother had planned was far more dangerous than that, as Neb would soon learn....
Old 11-04-2001, 03:21 PM   #54
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter watched Larry and Mistral go into an empty room and shut the door. He smiled to himself as he went back to hammering. After a while he was done with his side. Deiter went outside and looked up at the roof that doesn't look to good. He looked around from where he was standing now where am I going to find an ladder?

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]

Old 11-04-2001, 03:28 PM   #55
Link
Jack Burton

Link jumps in the thread, yells BOO and then runs away again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-04-2001, 03:36 PM   #56
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~Chani shook her head and picked up the energetic puppy, who had bounded from Larry's grip. He growls in protest and she put a finger to the pup's nose.~ "Behave you little ball of fluff and confusion." ~The pup looked innocently up at her and she laughed.~ "You can't fool me." ~She sets the puppy down and he obediently sits, swishing his tail expectantly for some excitement.~ "What do you want your name to be little one?" ~She looks thoughtfully at the pup.~ "How about Pine after those pretty brown eyes?" ~The pup howls in protest.~ "Barder for your melodic howl?" ~He bares his tiny teeth.~ "Fang for your ferocity?" ~The pup ignores her, apparently not caring about what she was saying.~ "Well what do you want then little bundle of chaos?!" ~His head snaps to attention at the last word. She laughs and nods.~ "All right then, Chaos it is. Larry can trouble himself with a proper name later."

~She grabs a bag of nails and a hammer and sets to work. The pup leaps up in a vain attempt to nip her ear. She gives a mock scowl to the pup.~ "Don't bug me then!" ~She points Chaos to Deiter, outside the building.~ "Look there, see him Chaos?" ~The pup looks to the half-elf, then back to Chani with a questionabal look. She smirks.~ "Go give Deiter a kiss Chaos, go on then." ~She watches with silent laughter as the young wolf bounds over to Deiter, jumping up and trying to reach his hand with his little teeth.~

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

Old 11-04-2001, 03:49 PM   #57
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter looks down to see a little ball of fur trying to nip his hand."What do we have here?" He said with a grin as he picked the wolf up and it started to lick his face."Like dust do ya?" Some dust fell from his hair and the little wolf's nose started to twicth then he started to sneeze. Deiter laughed at the sight"Your starting to look like a dust ball." He then looked over at Chani and then back at the wolf. "Go get her boy." The wolf went off and jumped up at Chani. Deiter grinned, then went off to find a ladder.

Old 11-04-2001, 04:03 PM   #58
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

"Oof" ~She said as the pup jumped on her. She gives a greatful grunt as Link To The Past takes the energetic puppy away in his mouth. The pup squirms and the one-eyed wolf growls, dropping him on a piece of dusty cloth. Chani heads out the door of the tavern, catching up to Deiter.~ "Whatcha doin'?"
Old 11-04-2001, 04:18 PM   #59
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

He looks over at Chani"Trying to find a ladder so I can get up to the roof." Finally finding one he walks back over to the tavern."Wanna help?" He asks her as he puts the ladder in place.

Old 11-04-2001, 04:26 PM   #60
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Suddenly Sephi stands up and begins to walk towards the door. When Larry asks him where he's going, he merely replies I have some unfinished business in the Government District. He the proceeded outside and ran all the way up until he was next to the Council of Six building. Looking around he found his gnome contact again, and quickly strode over to meet him.
You set me up back there Sephi glared at the gnome. He reached for Shocksword, saying Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now.

The gnome stammered for a response. Ehh, ahem... Ah, Sir Sephi, how does the night find you?
Answer the damn question. You set me up, now tell me why I shouldn't kill you for that.
Ehh... because you don't kill for pleasure, only pay?
Wrong! I can find some gold on you to justify my pay I'm sure. Now tell me something that will keep me from killing you or yours will be the next life to be extinguished by my hand.
Err, okay.
He turned around and rifled through his suitcase that contained information on all mercenary movement activities. Well for one I have information regarding a group that may help lead you back to your Drow acquaintance. They're staying at the Copper Coronet while awaiting their next employment opportunity.
I'm still not satisfied. Tell me more.
Greedy little bastard, aren't we? Well then, how about this: if you don't kill me word won't get to your new friends about your current employment.
Hah! I care little for them or their companionship!
Oh you don't, do you? Well what about that Kaz?
Sephi looked surprised. Yes, that's right. Your movements were watched when you left the city. We know of the bond you have built with your companions, especially that mage. I know your claim to not care about them is false, merely bravado forced up to make you seem like the emotionless killer you once were. Now, is that reason enough to not kill me?
Sephi looked defeated. What else could he do? Fine, i'll go meet these mercenaries in the Copper Coronet.
Excellent.
The gnome rubbed his hands together.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]