Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 03:56 AM   #11
Djinn Raffo
Ra

This might throw a little ruby light on the subject!
Old 01-31-2003, 09:36 AM   #12
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

RevRuby, is short for the great reverend ruby, ruby's a reference to her hair color(deep red) (the Kristina Pershing Kritter is for Kris P. Kritter, also what her yahoo profile said for a longtime) she's been in the hospital with Erilyn for the past few days, Erilyn has RSV, which is a common cold in adults, but can be serious to children under the age of 2, she also has bronchitis and an ear infection, but she's doing well, she was released from the hospital yesterday, which was also Justi's (our oldest daughter) 4th B-day, she amy or may not be on briefly today, as Justi will be coming up to Carlisle today and spending time with us.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:59 AM   #13
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

nathan is right and my intro to ouap is right too. it started out being a drug reference when i was fifteen, something about the church of the stoned, but that is a longer story than i ever wish to type, well ok i can type more than that, but i hate repeating it because it is my past and it's not something iw ould change but it is my past and so not relevant right now. i have been revruby since going on-line at all tho. some of my old web page is up http://www.geocities.com/revruby/hide.html i think that is my front page for it. or where i hid it anyway!!!!

next question,a nd sorry if it's obvious to some ppl but it's not to me, what' yorick mean?
Old 01-31-2003, 11:24 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*snicker* Well, revruby, he could be a computing program or perhaps he's a mechanical head or maybe a bionic skeleton? HEHE...methinks, though, that our Yorick is named for the character in Shakespeare's Hamlet.

edit: if you check the bionic skeleton link, be sure to click the link on the name Yorick at the top of the page..... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-31-2003, 11:50 AM   #15
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Thank goodness the lady in question set us straight. I was about to suggest it was a revved up precious stone. Rubies don't have engines, so I was completely stumped by the mechanics of the whole thing.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:19 PM   #16
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

WOOHOO! I was right. Reverend Ruby... [img]smile.gif[/img] *pats self on back*
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:31 PM   #17
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio. A fellow of infinite jest..." Will Shakespeare, Hamlet. BTW, Arledrian, there was an early British automobile called a Ruby. Lovejoy drives one in the Jonathan Gash novels.

EDIT: I clicked on that link to that writing forum, and it gave me quite a turn to see Galadria's post, since I thought she didn't like the place, but then I saw it was an old post.

[ 01-31-2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 01-31-2003, 08:05 PM   #18
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:

EDIT: I clicked on that link to that writing forum, and it gave me quite a turn to see Galadria's post, since I thought she didn't like the place, but then I saw it was an old post.
It's really to bad she doesn't like the place because i read her story there, and the rest of it here at iw, and i really enjoyed it. Galadria is a great writer and i'm sure alot of other members at ouap would be able to gain a lot from reading her stuff..