Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2004, 06:44 AM   #11
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
*sighs*

Maybe some people will learn down the road that plush is better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not to get real picky about this subject, but why refer to it at all? What is the point? Like for instance, that new "reality" show ( ) "My big fat obnoxious fiance". How freekin steriotypacle is that? I mean not only is obnoxious, but he's fat to! How awfull!
Give me a freekin break! You ask my wife about ME being fat. It makes no differance what so ever to ANYTHING AT ALL. Wonder why they did'nt call it "My big black obnoxious fiance"?
[/QUOTE]I do believe we're crossing into extremely dangerous grounds here Lord K, but sure, I'll dodge the bullet.

I don't know Lord K, I know a lot of great people that don't seem to care about the size of the person, rather of how they are but there will always be stereotypes (and I'm not saying that makes it alright). Why call a show my big fat obnxious fiance? Why is the Oxygen Network putting on a show called My Friend is a Big, Fat Slut? I don't know these things, because of such irony that most of the US consists of big people (not fat, the term is big) and the media always flashes bigness as a bad thing and skinny as the thing to be. Now I accept the fact that there will be people that won't like you because you are a heavy set person, but do as I do in that case and say the hell with you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #12
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
*sighs*

Maybe some people will learn down the road that plush is better [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Not to get real picky about this subject, but why refer to it at all? What is the point? Like for instance, that new "reality" show ( ) "My big fat obnoxious fiance". How freekin steriotypacle is that? I mean not only is obnoxious, but he's fat to! How awfull!
Give me a freekin break! You ask my wife about ME being fat. It makes no differance what so ever to ANYTHING AT ALL. Wonder why they did'nt call it "My big black obnoxious fiance"?
[/QUOTE]Honestly I think that the "My big fast oboxious fiance." is coming from the name of the movie called "My big fat Greek wedding." I don't think they meant anything stereotypical about it, then again, I could be wrong.

People who annoy me... stereotypical people, racists, inconsiderate people, people who refer to people with a mexican heritage as "beaners", bullies, A few other kinds of people as well.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #13
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

Well, the people who annoy me are people who say country music is for hillbillies, or people who say if your fat, you must be stupid too, right?
Old 01-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

Aggressive people, who try to pick a fight when nothing is the matter. Annoying AND stupid. I come across such people every once in a while.. *sigh*
Old 01-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #15
Jorath Calar
Harper

When did saying someone is fat become an insult?

If someone says I'm fat (I am a bit), I tell him it's for insulation, it's winter and it gets cold here, I make a joke of it, I don't take it as an insult.
If you are fat it's an fact... like the sky is blue, if people told the sky it was blue it would probably not get offended.
If people tell you are an idiot or a a..hole, insult your family or try to put you down you have every right to be offended it's questionable... but before you get offended when someone says you are fat... look in a mirror.
And if you get offended by what you see maybe you should do something about it... else just ignore the comment, if you feel good about yourself it's wonderful and there is no need to let what others think put you down, they probably have a closet full of psychological issue for themselves to sort through which is probably why they tried to insult you in the first place...
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #16
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Generally I hate NEDs. Those tracksuit wearing, thick, aaaaaaaaaaah!!

[ 01-28-2004, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: General Nosaj ]
Old 01-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #17
Stratos
Vampire

Back on topic...

Lord of things, when you say "annoying people" do you mean individuals or groups of people? Personally, I don't find entire groups of people annoying and there's no annoying persons I know of that I can't ignore.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lord of things, you are new to Ironworks but you should re-read the Rules and Regulations HERE.

Your generalized comment about fat people was insulting to heavy people and you may not even realize you've just alienated a good number of your fellow Ironworks members by posting it. Try and avoid stereotypes and generalizing, it makes a bad first impression.

Everyone, let's move on now, I'm sure Lord of things realizes he made a gaff and will avoid it in future.

Annoying people? LOL How about the person with an overflowing cart in the 10 items or less line at the grocery checkout when you're in a hurry? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:19 PM   #19
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

A person is as annoying as you let him/her be.

Moral: think happy and there will be less annoying ppl!!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #20
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Eloquant as usual Cloudy. Thank you. There is a hot debate waiting here in the fabric of this thread, but as you say, I will leave it alone. It is not worth it.
I would like to post a link about the subject as a last note of information for the judgmental to take in.

Lord of things, please note that I can let this go as a mistake of wording, but please read through this article and learn from it. Cheers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.effects-of-obesity.com/