Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
Etheralking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello!

I'm new to the forum, and hoping to be of use to someone. But right now, i need some advise. If you could tell me what ports this game uses, it would be of huge importance to me, as i cant play Multi without this information...AND i was wondering where the key for the mind flayer hideout in the sewers is...
Old 06-04-2003, 10:54 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

OK

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

I do not know about Multi but I can tell you about the key.

Hint:Go to windspear hills and in the dungeon that leads to a certain creature loot the place or bodies.-where are cages
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to Ironworks!

If you mean where can you play BGII:SoA on the internet with other poeple, then you can play it on mplayer and gamespy, among others.

As for the key, it is located on a mini-boss monster somewhere in the Windspear Hills... If you've played BG1, then you have already met him.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:32 AM   #4
Etheralking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok...no...i meant the ports that need to be opened to be able to play the game online with others...
Old 06-04-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Etheralking, I need a little more information. Do you mean like playing online with a friend? In that case, you need to trade off IP addresses with each other and play using TCP/IP settings in multiplay.

To find out your IP address, open a MS-DOS window and type "IPCONFIG" at the prompt. Write down the number next to "IP Address" that's listed.

Someone (either you or one of your friend(s) will need to host the game and set permissions for others to play or join. Your BG-2 manual has some information on how to do this. Everyone must be running the same version of the game, so make sure everyone has all the same patch files and mods if you're going to be using any mods.

That's all I can think of at this time; someone else may have more information. Good luck!

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 12:18 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, by the way... Welcome to Ironworks! [img]smile.gif[/img] We're a friendly lot here, so we hope you enjoy your stay!

-Saz

Old 06-04-2003, 01:24 PM   #7
Etheralking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks!

Well, back to the problem at hand, no i knew all about the IP'thing, but my router wont allow me to play BG2 online, as i have either a firewall or some ports or proxy filters blocking the play. I need the "ports" the game uses, so that my internet operator may open them for me.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ohhhhh I see what you're asking!

Hm...I'm not sure on that. I know port 7000 is often used as a default port for gaming (used to be the old Telnet port) so that may be the one. We do have a few members here that have a lot more technical knowledge than I do, so maybe they'd know. Either that or you could try one of the more technical boards. TeamBG forum is mainly for mod creation, but they may know the answer to your question: http://www.teambg.net/forum

I hope you get your problem resolved! Let us know.

-Sazerac