Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 06:16 PM   #21
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
it tastes like carbonated GUMMY BEARS!!! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]
That would be interesting. I like vanilla coke, but coke with vanilla ice cream is better. I thought it was cool to have blue foam when you poured the blue pepsi in a glass.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:31 PM   #22
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

One time I accidently brought the Cherry Coke instead of Classic Coke

[img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1drinkspit.gif[/img] *sputtersputtersputterGAGS* oh gawd how I hated cherry...

who here remembers the NEW Coke that was introduced in the 80s?
Old 07-31-2002, 06:38 PM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I remember the "new" coke lol-it sucked!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:24 PM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, anyone who remembers "NEW COKE" is old enough remember Commadore 64's,
Old 07-31-2002, 07:57 PM   #25
adam warlock

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
*silence* [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

I used it... after my bro gave it to me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 06:46 AM   #26
Cerek the Barbaric

I remember the NEW Coke. I was a Marketing major in college at the time, so it was a "hot topic" of discussion in several classes.

Did Coke commit a huge faux pas? or was it a very clever marketing scheme to increase sales and attack their nearest competitor (Pepsi)?

NEW Coke tasted very similar to Pepsi...and 6 months later, Coke introduces "Classic Coke" in response to public demand.

The final conclusion - COKE SCREWED UP BIG TIME!! It wasn't a "clever marketing scheme"...they thought thier product needed a new, updated taste...since it had followed the original formula for almost 100 years. They never anticipated the huge backlash of public resentment.

And you are correct Attalus - I DO remember the Commodore 64.

I also remember learning BASIC on the TRS80 (affectionately known as a TRASH-80) which had two 5.25" floppy drives. I remember when the Atari game console was the "X-Box" of the '70's and when Space Invaders, Asteroids, Pac-Man, and Donkey Kong were considered "cutting edge" technology.

Now, most screen savers require more memory than those games (Space Invaders occupies an incredible 8KB of memory).

I can even remember when a "mobile phone" was one of the new slimline models with pushbuttons on the receiver. The were "mobile" because they were easier to carry around the room. But they were considered too "new-fangled" by a lot of people...so some were designed with the standard rotary dial on the receiver.

(And to really give away my age) I can remember joining the Columbia House Record Club in high school --- and choosing 8-Track as my preferred format.
Old 08-01-2002, 07:26 AM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Heeeeeeyyyy! I've still GOT the Commodore 64...

As to Vanilla Coke - tried it, don't like it. Same goes for the Lemon Diet Coke. *blech!* Not fond of Code Red, either. And DANGIT! I keep missing out on things way down here [img]tongue.gif[/img] - I haven't seen any red Mellow Yellow or seen anything but the original incarnations of Dr. Pepper. You said 'cherry Dr. Pepper', but I thought that Dr. Pepper WAS Pepsi's version of Cherry Coke??? Did I miss something??? And as to blue Pepsi...haven't seen that one here, either. How did NC get something I can't have??? *pouts*

[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:41 AM   #28
GokuZool
Lord Ao

**looks at pic**

Old 08-01-2002, 08:46 AM   #29
Cerek the Barbaric

Not to worry, DragonMage, Pepsi Blue and Red Fusion Dr. Pepper are both practically brand new.

I read about both products waaaaay back in April when Ziroc first Posted about Vanilla Coke coming out.

BTW, where is Newnan, GA? I work at a hospital in northern GA about 100 miles North of Atlanta.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:52 AM   #30
Kiyatha
Dungeon Master

That's so unfare! We haven't got any cool beverages like that in Sweden, only regular black coce, same with the pepsies. Haven't got any vanillaflavoured either... Outragous!

/Kiyatha
<br />Never Fear - Never Fall!<br /><br />\"Never let hate nor anger guide your way - it will only cloud your path.\" - Anonomous<br /><br />\"This world is too dangerous to live in. Not because of the people that does the bad things, but because of those that let them.\" - Albert Einsten