Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 04:18 AM   #1
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tip to cross the lava before entering Cet´s room. I pumped up my HP to more than 350, but I had to insert the first key, jump back and resurrect, insert the second key, jump back and then I could enter the room. The fight against Cet was disappointing. I really fought tougher guys or monsters in this game. Two firestorms were the only challenge, but it was simple clicking to hit him. No strategy, no tactics necesseary - really disappointing for the final round.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 06:27 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

No problems Rene - glad that tip worked for you. I agree by the way that the final battle is quite disappointing. I wish that a game would regularly gauge the strength of a party, and generate the monster stats to make for a challenging fight. The best fights I had in the game were:
1) The Bone Lord outside the crypt
2) Scabban evils
3) Naga
4) Elyssia

After those, the only real difficult challenges were friendly characters, Erathsmador, and the best battle anywhere, Oakenmir. A pity they didn't have Oakenmir's stats for Lord Cet (and no way to hide or run away into the water) - that would have been a better battle to end on.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the game though.

Cheers
Davros

PS - didn't include the battles against the mantraps because they were "run away, run away - firestorm from afar stuff" - never got the hands dirty
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 06:39 AM   #3
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, my "hit"-list is:
1. The first two Mantraps close to the doors of Ishad-Na(I fought them in close-combat) because my spells were to weak at that time"
2. The Naga (at least ten re-loads)
Old 06-05-2001, 08:44 AM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi guys! Cool "hit lists"! I agree with both. Great battles were hard to find in WW, but the ones that were there are worth the wait. It's a good thing there are so many other things in the game to enjoy!

Rene, if you want to read a really great highlight from Davros' game, do a search for the "Man, that Monkey can RUN!" thread and check it out. It is one of my favorite threads, well worth reading, very funny stuff!

Mammawlin

[This message has been edited by mammawlin (edited 06-05-2001).]
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 09:10 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats on winning, Rene!!!!

Are you going to play again???

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 10:45 AM   #6
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Of course I will play it again, Wyv - after a short break with a second run of Might and Magic. But the next time I want to generate a party that is less efficient - most of the fights were too easy. One or two iceshowers solved nearly all problems - except the first two Jungle Lillys who kept me busy for two or three hours.
Old 06-05-2001, 12:01 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene:
Of course I will play it again, Wyv - after a short break with a second run of Might and Magic. But the next time I want to generate a party that is less efficient - most of the fights were too easy. One or two iceshowers solved nearly all problems - except the first two Jungle Lillys who kept me busy for two or three hours.
Which Might and Magic are you playing, Rene?

BTW, were you playing the game at "Hard" level, and "Respawn Frequent"? You can get some VERY interesting encounters that way. Read my post in "Giggling so Hard" for a sidesplitting incident I had a Shurugeon Castle.. 5 different groups of monsters all deciding to attack at once!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 02:10 AM   #8
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Of course I did it the "hard way" - except for the first Lillies and Mantraps and the Naga. Currently I am exploring Stone City in M+M 8, but then I will be back.