Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 11:46 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just to let you guys know...I have had MANY platonic female friendships in my life. I get along well with guys and girls alike. There's no problem with me in being "just a friend."

However...I can also tell when it's being used as an excuse.

I think a lot of times people shy away from telling the truth because they're so afraid of "hurting" the other person. If they only knew! Long ago, when I was first married, I told my wife, "I can take anything you have to tell me, just TELL ME THE TRUTH." Truth, no matter how painful it may seem at the time, can always be dealt with and woven into a pattern for the future.

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-22-2001).]
Old 05-22-2001, 11:48 PM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

dammit! right on!!!

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-22-2001, 11:54 PM   #13
Moni

I prefer friendships with men over women, mainly because I don't understand women LOL (its the truth) but I have to admit, I have lost a lot of potential male friends, I've even been dropped off (asked to get out of a temporarily stopped vehicle and left to walk) miles from home after dates because I would not go all the way with them. Men like that suck and can be left with Rosey Palmer for the rest of their miserable lives for all I care!

I love you all but that don't mean you "get the gold"

Moni

------------------

Old 05-22-2001, 11:59 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Rosey Palmer"...heheh, that's a good one, Moni! And I agree, men who would do that to a woman deserve whatever they get stuck with...hopefully themselves!

Old 05-23-2001, 12:04 AM   #15
Nostron
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Norstrom,

You know I had a guy think he was so totally in love with me that he moved near wherever I did just so he could be my neighbor? He proposed to me at least once a year and I always insisted we don't ruin what I felt was a great friendship that would go bad if we ever got involved (he was just too effeminate as much a man as he was and it bothered me~"it was me" lol)

I never asked him to kill bugs for me lol but he did teach me how to do my own electrical repairs in my home.

After seven years of maintaining a close friendship, much laughter and a few tears, this guy met the girls of his dreams and married her the next Valentine's Day. He thanked me for sticking with him as a friend and for not taking him up on his proposal (which I would have done if I were just out for financial support~this guy is and always will be loaded!) if I had, it would have ruined his chances with the woman he really loved.

She on the other hand, had a jealous streak where our close friendship was concerned and destroyed the artwork of mine that he had in his house and forbid him to ever see me again. Knowing her, and knowing how much the two of them loved each other, it was not a problem for me to honor her wishes but I do miss the good times we had together.

Moni

Wow i guess i could be wrong. I'll have to re-evaluate my out look on Women having Men best friend.

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-23-2001, 12:09 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

its hard to find women best friends for men and vice-versa. but if ever find one. thats gold.

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe
Old 05-23-2001, 04:00 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OKI, I hope everybody can take this koke for what it is, if not I will delete it!! Hehe, this is a great secret..

Below are some of the pithy phrases we men substitute for the truth when jettisoning romantic partners who have (apparently) ceased to be both romantic and partners — accompanied by the real meaning behind the words:

It's not you, it's me. (You´re ugly.)

I think of you as a friend. (You´re ugly)

The age difference is a problem. ("you ugly and too old")

I'm not attracted to you in that way. (man are you ugly!.)

My life is too complicated right now. (You´re ugly, as is my mistress.)

I'm getting back together with my old boyfriend. (She wasn´t haölf as ugly as you,hey isn´t that David Letterman on the telli??.)

I need to focus on my career right now. (You´re ugly, and i want to forget last night...)

I'm not ready for a relationship right now. (You´re ugly.)

Let's just be friends. (Boy are you ugly!)

OK abit crude but, well i didn´t think this up (crossing thumbs, legs eyes-- oh dizzyy??!!"!**)

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
Old 05-23-2001, 09:55 AM   #18
Moni

Wolfie,

That's funny!

In cases where the woman is obviously not ugly, you can replace the phrase "you're ugly" with "your breasts are too small"

Moni

------------------

Old 05-23-2001, 11:50 AM   #19
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

Below are some of the pithy phrases we women substitute for the truth when jettisoning romantic partners who have (apparently) ceased to be both romantic and partners —

Believe me, men have used these on women too.
Meanings may be a bit different, but not much.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I think a lot of times people shy away from telling the truth because they're so afraid of "hurting" the other person. If they only knew! Long ago, when I was first married, I told my wife, "I can take anything you have to tell me, just TELL ME THE TRUTH." Truth, no matter how painful it may seem at the time, can always be dealt with and woven into a pattern for the future.
I couldn't agree more Sazerac! I wish we could emblazon this across billboards everywhere. Pain is deeper and lasts longer when someone does not tell the truth for fear of hurting the other person. Plus it doesn't get any easier telling them the truth if you wait longer. Be brave, you owe it to the other person to be truthful.

(End of sermon)

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-23-2001, 12:13 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:

ohhh cmon, i don't think a woman can haave a guy best friend. To me a woman only keeps a guy as a "Best friend" to be the just in case guy.
*U know...
Just in case i turn old and i haven't met anybody yet
Just in case this guy iam dating is a comlete loser
Or "just in case"

But i do have a best friend that's a girl cuz i don't really mind being the "just in case" guy
Nostron,

I have to say this is so NOT true! At least for me. I've had men be friends and on occasion very good friends with no romantic affiliation there! Heck, I've coached a few through their own lives and seen them be married and happily so! Still maintain my ties with them AND their wives in a few cases!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever