Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 08:51 PM   #1
someone
Elite Waterdeep Guard

wuss up everyone,

I need others ways to identity something rather than paying lots of money in the armory. do u have to identity things in the armory or is there another way.

thanks
Someone
someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:10 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, someone!

To learn to identify items yourself, you need to raise your wizard's guild level to 3 and learn ANCIENT LORE and ARTIFACTS. Increasing your artifacts skill will allow your character to identify more important items.

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 09:48 PM   #3
someone
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks wyvern,

that helps and guess i would have eventually figured that out but it was pissing me off. so when u say artifact of lore, is that under the spell catagory fire or something?
someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #4
Detah
Dungeon Master

No spells are involved at all.

You need 2 things to identify things:

Once you are Guild Level 3 in the Priest guild OR the Wizard guild, you will be given the option to purchase the Ancient Lore _trait_. Once you have purchased that trait, then you will be given the option of purchasing the Artifacts _skill_. The level of your Artifacts skill determines the different types of objects that you can identify. At Artifact skill level 1, you may identify the simplest things like wood bows, all arrows and Healing potions. At skill level 7 you can identify just about everything in the game, including the Anhks.

Detah
Detah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Another trick (covered in the Best Tips thread) is to group all items of a like type on one character, and then pay for identification. One identify covers them all, so you can make some profit.

Also, for grouped items (arrows, shuriken, gems, some potions) you can keep just one of the identified items. Whenever you find another one, it gets added to the stash, and is automatically identified. I used to keep one of each level lockpick for that very reason.

One caveat, though. Make sure you transfer items to the character holding the identified item, and not the other way round. Transferred items pick up their identity from the receiver, so you can actually lose the identification if you're not careful. I was *not* happy when I discovered that...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote