Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 01:27 PM   #1
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I've been through the game a few times and I still can't find that squirrel with the ioun stone of luck. I've done some reasearch and it is supposed to be in area 4700 (the area with xart village). I've looked around many times (day and night). If my info' or what I am doing is wrong, please correct me. Thanks.

------------------
Baruk Khazad! Khazad Aimenu! The axes of the dwarves! The dwarves are upon you!
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 01:37 PM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

A squirrel?!?!?!?! Wow, news to me! what does the stone do?

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Where did you get that info Telchar ? Ive never heard of that, i want to know !

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Ive read it too, in some game magazine. Though i think it was the area next to Nashkel(not sure, its quite a while agow)

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:30 PM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I've seen it on many sites. An ioun stone is a very small glowing stone that povides magical properties to the wearer. It either floats or revolves around your head. It is a very cool AD+D item. There are some real powerfull ones too. There is only the one in BG1 (I hope there are some in BG2 too). Each different one has a different color and shape. I am dying to find out how cool it looks and what it does. I once has Minsc with the cloak of displacment and the flametoungue. He looked REAL cool. It's a +1 luckstone. I guess it would give +1 on saves, maybee THACO, maybee charges. I'm about to start a new campain and I really want it this time through.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:11 PM   #6
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've heard this myth as well. The squirrel is said to chirp like a bird, but I have never come across one that did that.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:12 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I think it's a myth, I don't think it's in the inventory editor, and all things that can be picked up(And a few more.) are in that editor.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 06:55 PM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

This is news to me Telchar. If they haven't changed since my days, and you'll probably be able to refute/confirm this, it should be a dusty rose coloured prism. They would float or circle around the user and provide various benefits (depending on colour and shape).

Some raised an ability by a point. Some absorbed spells up to a certain level and for a number of charges, then they'd be useless. The "Luckstone" sounds like the "+1 Protection" variant; I'd assume that it acted like a ring of the same sort. If you've got one, you may not be able to use the other. Still, it'd free up a ring space for you.

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #9
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Yea, there is no +1 Luckstone in any of the old DM's guides. At least not an iuon stone. There is a Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone). It is worth 25000 gp and it gives +1/5% to ALL rolls except to hit and damage. It also tells you to add the bonus when you and your buddies are dividing up treasure (we used to roll D20s to see who gets what, if you won, you couldn't roll for anything else). Now look what you've done, I'm starting to get choked up here looking at my old DM's guide. It looks like an old tome (yellowed pages, old pizza grease stains, small tares). Marathon games to three in the morning. It's amazing, after all these years and all I've been through, that I kept all my old books. Man, I love this stuff. I'm still reasurching and I'm still seeing it on a lot of sites; but, since it's on a mobile creature, there are no location numbers. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I KILL EVERY DAMN SQUIRREL IN THE REALMS! You'll be doing a sidequest to find me soon. I'll be in a corner somewhere eating a squirrel laghing like Bassaliss. Well, we'll see about that.
Old 10-09-2001, 04:30 AM   #10
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

NO Telchar! Come back. Don't go out there. The squirrels man, they'll...eat you alive. Come back. *Telchar gives a casual wave over his shoulder as he receedes into the forest*.

Aw hell, we've lost him!

BTW I've got some of the originals from 1AD&D. Still look at them even now (choke, sob).

------------------
Making running away an art form
Lord Brass is offline   Reply With Quote