Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #111
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
How does one deal with an annoying tune that's inside your head and won't leave ? I'm going nuts, i can't get that friggin schni schna schnappi song out of my head.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!!
It's called a brain worm. When I get one, I sing the National Anthem to myself. Works like a charm.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #112
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Anyway, when I get a tune stuck in my head, it usually fgoes away as soon as I realize it's stuck.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #113
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
How does one deal with an annoying tune that's inside your head and won't leave ? I'm going nuts, i can't get that friggin schni schna schnappi song out of my head.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!!
It's called a brain worm. When I get one, I sing the National Anthem to myself. Works like a charm. [/QUOTE]The national anthem is the last thing i want inside my brain at the moment, it's about having German blood and honoring the king of Spain, and actually, i'd much rather kick him in the nuts. And there's no German blood in me neither, only alcohol.

Do you know the song i'm talking about ? It's the most annoying tune i've ever heard since visiting a themepark where they had a ride called "Carnival" with a terrible piece of music to go along with the ride. I still have a picture of me and a friend taken when we just got out of that ride, and the expression on both our faces says it all. I'll see if i can get someone to scan the picture for me so y'all can see for yourself how severely damaged i came out of that hellhole.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #114
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oh, LZ, yesterday was Ash Wedesnday.
I just got out of my english class about an hour early. WOOT! I have a lot to do, today, though. I think I'm gonna clean up a little bit, before my last class.

BTW, I'm in the year of the Tiger. Roowwr! [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:16 PM   #115
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Bah... Dragon's own horses! (I'm a Dragon, if you hadn't figured it out).

How many animals are there anyways?
There are 12 animals I think. I'm a monkey so the last year has been my lucky year.

Got married, bought a house, got a new job, got made a mod, all in all a great year.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #116
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Oh, LZ, yesterday was Ash Wedesnday.
Yes I know, err...why are you telling me though? I'm confused! and trying to tie it into my posts about Chinese New Year animals or me bashing my leg LOL. And I cannot seem to find a connection, must know!!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #117
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Johnny... try a little "badger badger badger badger..." [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:58 PM   #118
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ouch, LadyZ, you need to pad your desk? LOL

Ivellis, I know.. ninja cooks makes me laugh just thinking about it! LOL Would make a great animated show. HEHE!

Hmm, don't recall what my Chinese year is...probably rat or cat or moose or something! LOL
I don't think they have moose in China, Cloudy.

I wonder if they think of moose there as we do tigers and stuff?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:08 AM   #119
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Good morning IW! I have no school today wich means I have a longer weekend. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:24 AM   #120
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ouch, LadyZ, you need to pad your desk? LOL

Ivellis, I know.. ninja cooks makes me laugh just thinking about it! LOL Would make a great animated show. HEHE!

Hmm, don't recall what my Chinese year is...probably rat or cat or moose or something! LOL
I don't think they have moose in China, Cloudy.

I wonder if they think of moose there as we do tigers and stuff?
[/QUOTE]WHat? Stripy and dangerous? Unlikely mate... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

People over here don't usually think of your inferior candian moosesseses at all...

They're a bit boring... not a patch on our tigers and elephants and things...

I'm a dragon... and there are 12 in total... the rat, then the ox, then the tiger, then the rabbit, then the dragon (yay!), then the snake, then the horse, then the goat, then the monkey, then the rooster, then the dog, then the pig.

People born in 1960 (or 1948, or 1936 for the old fogies) are rats, and for every year later you move one animal along. EVery 12 years, the cycle repeats.

The order is supposed to have been the result of a race between all the animals, swimming across a river, to find out which of them was the greatest.

The rat cheated by hitching a ride on the oxen and then jumping to shore ahead of him, but I can't for the life of me figure out some of the rest of the order.

How did the dog manage to lose to the rooster?

And Happy Birthday Johnny!

And Selamat Awal Muharram!

[ 02-11-2005, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]