Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 07:23 AM   #21
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
In Australia,there are sooooo many deadly bugs and spiders and snakes...
Redback, Funnelweb, Blueringed Octopus,
Taipan, Tiger Snake, Attabox Jellyfish,
Come to Australia, you might accidentaly get killed.

Quote:
We do not have our own flag. (Spot the difference with ours and NZ
Ours has two extra stars. The NZ stars are red. And, uh, that's about it...

OK, the 'typical Aussie'...
"I dug a hole." - Dale Kerrigan (The Castle)
Old 07-10-2003, 08:01 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
I've been doing a bit of thinking lately, and I'm just wondering how the rest of the world perceives Australia...
g

Cheers
Bites tongue, sits on hands, stops biting tongue and puts tongue in cheek, sniggers, giggles, has to bite tongue again - too obvious, stop it! help - sensory overload, brain hurts!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
I've been doing a bit of thinking lately, and I'm just wondering how the rest of the world perceives Australia...
g

Cheers
Bites tongue, sits on hands, stops biting tongue and puts tongue in cheek, sniggers, giggles, has to bite tongue again - too obvious, stop it! help - sensory overload, brain hurts!

[/QUOTE]Puts donut out of his misary [img]graemlins/railgun.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #24
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I met a couple of Australians once. In the course of a few days one of them managed to blow up an electrical adapter, grab hold of an electric fence, and burn his hand on a halogen lamp because he wanted to see if it was hot. The other one was obsessed with Bundy and orange robed monks, thought he could speak French because he knew the international hand signal for a coke while saying 'coke' in a French accent, and thought I was a man called Nigel. I therefore conclude that all Australians are insane. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
G'day Nigel [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I've been meaning to PM you about the origins of your "name" for ages but now I can rest easy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2003, 09:10 AM   #25
wellard
Dracolisk

[quote]Originally posted by LennonCook:
[QB]
Quote:
In Australia,there are sooooo many deadly bugs and spiders and snakes...
Redback, Funnelweb, Blueringed Octopus,
Taipan, Tiger Snake, Attabox Jellyfish,
Come to Australia, you might accidentaly get killed.

Come on, you forgot the animal with the most crap name for something that is on the top ten most deadly animals list. Namely the brown snake, its name will not give you a heart attack but it's bite will [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

It should be called something 'ard like the * silent assassin * but nope, in typical Aussie humour we call it the brown snake

Old 07-10-2003, 09:10 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
I met a couple of Australians once. In the course of a few days one of them managed to blow up an electrical adapter, grab hold of an electric fence, and burn his hand on a halogen lamp because he wanted to see if it was hot. The other one was obsessed with Bundy and orange robed monks, thought he could speak French because he knew the international hand signal for a coke while saying 'coke' in a French accent, and thought I was a man called Nigel. I therefore conclude that all Australians are insane. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yup! Sounds like a bard that I once met who died in a D & D game because the strings of his lute were poisoned - very careless! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-10-2003, 09:18 AM   #27
Grojlach
Zartan

I've expressed anger about Australia's immigration policies before, but other than that, it seems like a very interesting place to visit one day. The general impression I get from Australian posters around here is definitely positive; very laidback and matter-of-fact, and friendly as well. Still a pity about John Howard, though. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2003, 10:45 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Nigel my man - how they hangin?

This "Bundy you talk about - that wouldn't be the world renowned beverage marketed as Bundaberg Rum would it. I believe I have tried that myself on the odd occasion - goes great with (insert international hand signal here) from memory [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Oh - any true blue Aussie wouldn't be caught dead in orange - my mum bought me a shirt like that once for golf from the Arnold Palmer range - never did wear it though
Old 07-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #29
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
g

Cheers

[/QUOTE]Puts donut out of his misary [img]graemlins/railgun.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Hmmm - the degree of difficulty was low, but excellent style points, great artistic expression, and of course, flawless execution [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 07-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #30
Thoran
Galvatron

well, based on the impression I got when I met a bunch of rugby players up here for a tourney a few years back all Aussies are loud braggards who eat too much, drink too much, party too hard, sleep too little, drink too much, like to bash their heads into unoffending inanimate (and sometimes animate) objects, like to show off scars, drink too much, and are overall a fairly maloderous bunch of goons.

In other words... my sort of people, damn those boys knew how to have a good time! .