Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2003, 10:05 AM   #41
Davros
Takhisis Follower

[quote]Originally posted by MagiK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Davros:
[qb]
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
[qb] Edited: out a joke I was told was not funny.
Oh the irony [img]smile.gif[/img] - who said you didn't speak subtitle - congratulations [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS : I am assuming the word play was deliberately clever - well done if so [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 10:09 AM   #42
MagiK

[quote]Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
[qb]
Quote:
[qb] Edited: out a joke I was told was not funny.
Quote:
Oh the irony [img]smile.gif[/img] - who said you didn't speak subtitle - congratulations [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS : I am assuming the word play was deliberately clever - well done if so [img]smile.gif[/img]
Quote:

Unfortunately no...no cleverness...I had posted a silly post in jest, was told that it was not funny and bordered on mean so I deleted it..but did't know if anyone was quoting it yet so didn't delete the post...just edited out the joke. Wish I were as clever as some of ya'll but I'm just a simple kind of guy.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:24 AM   #43
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
Yes.....clearly.....I.....have.....no......perspec tive.

Yes I know, I only picked and chose certain of his words....ahh well
[/QUOTE]Not as deliciously devious as your last effort - but promising ole bean [img]smile.gif[/img]

Of course - imitation is the greatest form of flattery - or so the old saying goes [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 06-06-2003, 10:28 AM   #44
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
all I can say is that I am glad Im not living there..
Look - we agree on something else! [/QUOTE]

Hehehe I had a bet with Mysticelt that either you or Davros would say that (yes I know Davie isn't from there...but a comment along those lines)
[/QUOTE]Here's a comedy lesson for you Magik - if you wanted to get a laugh you should have had mysticelt agreeing with me!
[/QUOTE]Oh, lookee, once again the rubber-sharp wit calvary arives just in time to win further kudos as IW's funniest smartass.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:33 AM   #45
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Back OT, if you guys are correct about the "reasonable force" rules in GB, you have a serious problem. It's completely unfair. It leaves society completely open for predation by those amongst us who are sharks. And, those people *do* exist.

Once again, I find myself somewhere in the middle. If I had an unarmed intruder at gunpoint, I'd certainly not shoot them. Even if they ran. I probably couldn't be bothered to chase them down, and I won't shoot anyone in the back.

But, if you are in my home, and I don't know your intentions, if I can get the drop on you I'll strike before inquiring why you're there and if you have a gun.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:34 AM   #46
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
Yes.....clearly.....I.....have.....no......perspec tive.
[/QUOTE]Of course - imitation is the greatest form of flattery - or so the old saying goes [img]smile.gif[/img] .
But of course

[ 06-06-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 06-06-2003, 10:39 AM   #47
MagiK

T.L., You say you would le thim run...and thats fine, got no problem with that...but what if you had him in your sights...told him to stop and get out of your home....and he kept advancing? What if he left your home and then moved on and raped or murdered your neighbor before you could get the police to arrive..whcih I understand that in Chicago it could be a while...

Old 06-06-2003, 10:44 AM   #48
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:

T.L., You say you would le thim run...and thats fine, got no problem with that...but what if you had him in your sights...told him to stop and get out of your home....and he kept advancing? What if he left your home and then moved on and raped or murdered your neighbor before you could get the police to arrive..whcih I understand that in Chicago it could be a while...
As I said, that's different. I would act in SELF-DEFENSE (including the "defense of others" extension) as it is intended to be. I would not kill someone to protect my property. Now, I might give 'em a bit of a beating, if they've got some sort of weapon that gives me a non-punishable excuse to trounce 'em around a bit. But, that wouldn't be morally justified, I admit (it might be fun of course). But, self-defense means self-defense, not property-I-own-defense. In the US, we think it extends too far, and in the UK they seem to not extend it far enough.

Free from harm does not require you be beating on me at that particular moment, so long as the threat is imminent, of course.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 AM   #49
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Pardon Moi, but you would appear to have given your disclaimer the slip and there is a distinct possibility of their being a frog in the bidet.

Tut tut young Padwan - wise is the man who goes not to the well too often - you would not a good Freeman make. While appearances can be deceiving, it would be prudent to consider that you may not in fact toay be the windscreen.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #50
MagiK

Errr Ok Timber, I see what you are saying but you missed a point I was trying to make...

So you get the drop on the guy and tell him to get out..he leaves...you have defended yourself and not harmed the poor innocent thief.....but in the morning when you wake up, you find out he moved on and killed someone....have you not just been guilty of not doing your moral obligation of stopping harm from coming to your neighbor? Is it also not now partly your fault that someone is dead? By disallowing citizens to take action and to put a stop to predators...you are basicly making them guilty by extension of any crimes comitted down the line......

TO: Davros....huh?