Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 10:00 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Any other dieters onboard?

I've been on WWWPs for nearly 7 months and have lost @65lbs. Don't worry, I was still sexy at 300lbs., but now, I'm damn near irresistible

Can we get a little IW support system going here?

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-27-2001, 11:10 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

This is off limits

and so is any of his stuff

Thanks for the imagery caleb

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 11:16 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Here's an interesting idea that I haven't been brave enough to try

Beer & Ice Cream Diet

As we all know, it takes 1 calorie to heat 1 gram of water 1 degree centigrade. Translated into meaningful terms, this means that if you eat a very cold dessert (generally consisting of water in large part), the natural processes which raise the consumed dessert to body temperature during the digestive cycle literally sucks the calories out of the only available source: your body fat.

For example, a dessert served and eaten at near 0 degrees C (32.2 deg. F) will in a short time be raised to the normal body temperature of 37 degrees C (98.6 deg. F). For each gram of dessert eaten, that process takes approximately 37 calories as stated above. The average dessert portion is 6 oz, or 168 grams. Therefore, by operation of thermodynamics law, 6,216 calories (1 cal/gm/deg. x 37 deg. x 168 grams) are extracted from body fat as the dessert's temperature is normalized.

Allowing for the 1,200 latent calories in the dessert, the net calorie loss is approximately 5,000 calories. Obviously, the more cold dessert you eat, the better off you are and the faster you will lose weight, if that is your goal.

This process works equally well when drinking very cold beer in frosted glasses. Each ounce of beer contains 16 latent calories, but extracts 1,036 calories (6,216 cal. per 6 oz. portion) in the temperature normalizing process. Thus, the net calorie loss per ounce of beer is 1,020 calories.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate that 12,240 calories (12 oz. x 1,020 cal./oz.) are extracted from the body in the process of drinking a can of beer!!

Frozen desserts, e.g., ice cream, are even more beneficial, since it takes 83 cal./gm to melt them (i.e., raise them to 0 deg. C) and an additional 37 cal./gm to further raise them to body temperature. The results here are really remarkable, and it beats running, hands down!

Unfortunately, for those who eat pizza as an excuse to drink beer, pizza (loaded with latent calories and served above body temperature) induces an opposite effect. But, thankfully, as the astute reader should have already reasoned, the obvious solution is to drink a lot of beer with pizza and follow up immediately with large bowls of ice cream.

We could all be thin if we were to adhere religiously to a pizza, beer, and ice cream diet.

***the above was found at www.dottiesweightlosszone.com a great tool for WW dieters***

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 11:19 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats Ronn Bman!!

I was getting close to 300 when I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Realizing a life change was in store, I intentionally lost 75 pounds in one year. It's really the best thing you can do for yourself.

Cheers,

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-27-2001, 11:21 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Ronn! I will gladly offer support! I did WW about 10 yrs back and lost 60lbs.. but got into some heavy family and work stress and stopped being careful I'm not in the program at the moment but I AM working on dropping pounds.. sloooooooooooooowly.. sigh.. It's totally unfair that we can gain it so fast and lose it so slowly!

Best of luck to you! I KNOW how hard it is! And at not even 5ft tall, boy does it show.. ugh!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-28-2001, 03:43 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hey Ronn! I will gladly offer support! I did WW about 10 yrs back and lost 60lbs.. but got into some heavy family and work stress and stopped being careful I'm not in the program at the moment but I AM working on dropping pounds.. sloooooooooooooowly.. sigh.. It's totally unfair that we can gain it so fast and lose it so slowly!

Best of luck to you! I KNOW how hard it is! And at not even 5ft tall, boy does it show.. ugh!

Cloudy

Actually, I don't go to the meetings, but my wife does. She bought me the books, and we follow the plan together. She's lost 25lbs and is nearly finished, but I've got awhile to go yet.

The Winning Points plan is the best thing I've ever tried.

BTW, congratulations Saz on your big loss.

------------------

Old 10-28-2001, 03:57 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

I often try diets to reduce my percentage of body fat, but I find them so hard to stick to as I get such a lack of energy from them. Still, I'm only just under two hundred pounds so I guess it's not such a big deal. Would like to lose a few though

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-28-2001, 04:01 PM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ackk...I do follow diets as well, but to gain weight, not lose any! Not gloating here, please don't think I am - being underweight can be just as bad as being overweight! And it's easily equally hard to get rid of - I have tried to get fatter for years now and I do eat wholesome food, and enough of it, but my BMI/Quetelet index is still 17,9 which is way too low...
Good luck with your diets, Ronn, Cloud, Saz, Al... *hug*

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-28-2001, 04:13 PM   #9
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Ackk...I do follow diets as well, but to gain weight, not lose any! Not gloating here, please don't think I am - being underweight can be just as bad as being overweight! And it's easily equally hard to get rid of - I have tried to get fatter for years now and I do eat wholesome food, and enough of it, but my BMI/Quetelet index is still 17,9 which is way too low...
Good luck with your diets, Ronn, Cloud, Saz, Al... *hug*

I think I'm going to write a diet book for those who want to gain weight. I have the experience...lol

"Gain 50 pounds in 50 days!" availible soon through Chubbyhouse publishing for $19.95.

------------------

Old 10-28-2001, 04:29 PM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

I think I'm going to write a diet book for those who want to gain weight. I have the experience...lol

"Gain 50 pounds in 50 days!" availible soon through Chubbyhouse publishing for $19.95.

Why don't you give me a bit of your excessive weight and I'll give you some of my skin 'n bones

Honestly though, I can really see how hard it must be to keep to a strict diet, and how terrible that is. To gain weight I have to eat at least 6 meals a day and though that may sound great, when you have little appetite it can be just as bad as the opposite. Also, I recently had to cut out all sugar (except for fructose) from my diet, that REALLY sucks

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art