Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2003, 02:35 AM   #1
Snowking
Dungeon Master

How do i play icewind dale using gamespy?do you have to be suscriber or what?I downloaded gamespy arcade and damn it,this thing is pissing me off.Can't find any games,I scanned for games,i do everything i could accoreding to the manual and I JUST CAN"T FIND A GAME TO PlAY.What the hell is wrong with this thing.

When I press the gamespy arcade icon,ok,a window appears and says downloading services map.I can't do anything to it except waiting.In the end,it will say
"an unnamed file was not found".Is anyhing wrong?

OK,after that i type in my lonin name and logged in and it says "welcome to gamespy".Am I doing the right thing?After that I see a window that has some menus like "News","Home","Files" and etc.Below this bunch of icons it says
YOU ARE HERE:
Arcade Daily
Below this is a blank column,I suppose this should be the place where the games are but I SEE nothing.Nevermind.

When I click on the browse games at the bottom of the page,it says,

"The file does not have a programe associated with it for performing this action.Creat an association in the FOLDER OPTION control panel."What does this mean?After this is another message,

"IE cannot open this helper application for gsarcade://iwd2//.The protocol specified in this address is not valid.Make sure the address is correct,and try again.

What the hell went wrong?Did i do anything wrong?When I click on "scan for games",it will say "you are currently up to date".What does this mean?

I am really confused by this thing.Can someone teach me how to use it?I really want to play IWD2 online.Need your help desperately.

Thanks
Snowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Im pretty sure you have to play through Ice Wind Dale and not through Gamespy which means you go to IWD2 and then go to multiplayer and pick your connection type and it will automaticlly take you to game spy where it will ask you if you wanna play and you say yes then it will askyou to sign up or whatever and you already did. But i belive it coasts money to play.

But rember that you want to be connected to the internet before you turn on IWD2.

[ 06-24-2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Dar'tanian ]