Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Or was it just me? Just curious.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 07-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Or was it just me? Just curious.
Yep! I couldn't even get out to surf! SO I unplugged the cable modem, and bam! Worked.

Odd.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-13-2003, 10:32 PM   #3
GokuZool
Lord Ao

IW has been up and running all of this morning and last night.

Maybe it was your connection [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

EDIT: (Didn't see your post Z ) What time was it down?

[ 07-13-2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 07-13-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I have to unplug my cable modem every few months when things start to load slowly, or not at all, it clears out the memory and refreshes, all you have to do is unplug it for a minute. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Took me months to know that particular info as well, I went through quite a lot of frustrations trying to figure out what the problem was last year, thinking it was my PC, as Comcast would tell me service was up and running just fine. For a while I thought it might be the cable line. Then finally one techie told me about unplugging the modem, and I did, and all worked just fine again. All that trouble for something so simple, doh!

I also had to get a new modem a few weeks ago, as the unplugging wasn't working anymore, and I couldn't get the net at ALL, and it effected not only my net connection, but my husband's as well, so I knew it wasn't a PC thing. When we went to replace the modem with another one, the woman there told us that a lot of people had been bringing in corrupted/dead modems because of all of the storms we have been having all this year. So we popped in the new modem, viola, all is well again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-13-2003, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-13-2003, 11:43 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, it was weird! [img]smile.gif[/img] I came in to check the site and nothing loaded. CNN Didn't load, no site did. So I reset the cable modem, and it was fine.

LZ is right, sometimes ya gotta reset them. I don't know if IW was down for everyone, because the data light was still blinking crazy as if transmitting data..

Ah well, as long as we're ok now. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm gonna set up the NWN mod tomorrow btw... Should be fun!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-14-2003, 12:01 AM   #6
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I haven't been able to get on since 3:30 this afternoon. After 20 tries I went over to E-bay and bought some AD&D Mods from the Gary Gygax collection.
Then I have been playing other NWN MODs at game spy for the past 4 hours. Got to go to work at 8:00 tomarrow morning so I'm off to bed now but hope to see the Undermountain MOD on line tomarrow night. I'll be looking after 7:00 tomarrow night so I hope that you turn it on Before midnight monday night so that I'll be able to play. I looked for it all week end along with about 10 others but you never answered our requests to turn it on. OH WELL good night
Old 07-14-2003, 03:05 AM   #7
Jan

Tried to join IW Saturday morning and Sunday evening but couldn't.

Old 07-14-2003, 05:30 AM   #8
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Was down for me too, yesterday...but its fine now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 05:43 AM   #9
Jan

Yes IW is working very well today [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2003, 08:13 AM   #10
Stratos
Vampire

IW didn't work well for me either yesterday but it's fine now ( obviously )

Bah...I have some problems with my computer in general every now and then, it won't start but turning it off completely ( using the switch at the back), wait a few minutes and then try to turn it on again seems to do the trick most of the time.