Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 07:04 AM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Wow! This must be the only board that I've seen that has almost no posts of dissenting opinion.

I realize IW is primarily a D&D, Bioware, Baldar's Gate based family o' forum, but can it possibly be THAT great?

Where is the controversy?

This place is like the NWN Appreciation Society. I guess those who don't care for the game don't hang around here.

At the Morrowind board there's always people complaining "It's too hard!", "It's too easy!", or "It's too boring!".

This place seems too upbeat and positive too be real.

Maybe it's too soon after release.

Where are all the angry bug posts!

Mark (Just kidding ya, I think )
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 07:28 AM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Mark the games far from perfect and there has been a few negative things said here lol. I happen to think its a good game and it has the third person "god view" that I like much better than the first person games. The stories pretty good, lots of different quests, and third edition adds a lot to the game. However some things I dont like-

The journal sucks
The map sucks
You cant right click on an item and directly get its description
Sometimes the pathfinding sucks

But my likes far outweigh my dislikes so there ya go!
Old 06-24-2002, 12:00 AM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Other negatives I find (maybe others don't find these to be a problem, but they are starting to get under my skin):

1. Really hate having only one henchman. I think I'm going to be bitching about that a long time.

2. Those inventory blocks drive me nuts sometimes. I hate when I have enough room in my bag, but I try to put something larger in there and it tells me there's no room. I go in, and stuff is scattered all over the place, so I have to clump it all together to free up space (reminds me of defragmenting my hard drive).

3. No formations and horrid NPC interactions. If I am the wizard of the party, I DO NOT want to be opening the doors or chests. Yet I have to open the doors, leaving me wide open to attack while I pull back and (try) to send the warrior and/or summons in (and just because you tell them to attack nearest doesn't mean they see the opponent like you do, so a lot of times they just stand there until the enemy is right on top of you). In other words, the game is built around the idea of multiplaying, but if you prefer solo play, it's not as good as BG2.

Just my $0.02.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 12:17 AM   #4
zlandar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have alot of the same problems with NVWN that the above posters listed. However, NVWN has been looking better to me each time I sit down to play it once I decided to stop judging it as BG3, and I haven't even started multiplayer yet. However game-crippling bugs is something Bioware has been upstanding in stamping out BEFORE releasing a game. Other companies likes 3D0 and Bethsada to some extent seem to think your hard earned 50 bucks for a game entitles you to beta-test their software for them. Bethsada I'm willing to tolerate because their game at least is attempting to break new ground in hardware and gameplay standards, but Might and Magic (I lost count which number after 6, they all sucked too badly after 6 anyways) and Pool of Radiance 2 are good examples of complete crap that deserve the harshest ridicule.
zlandar is offline   Reply With Quote