Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 06:11 AM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Umm to me, I am to say this bluntly, it is a threat and get out of her freaking life. Shape up or get out.. I don't like this...

She may be upset, but the thing is, she should try to understand you... sall she needs is a little space, and there are lots of words I think that should not be even there because the situation is already sensitive... if this is how she shows her affection, well i take back what I say...

Basically, she says she needs space without you... so this means "Cooling off" on where you still have a relationship going... nah why am I even saying this! You know this better than I do! hehehe

It doesn't sound good, but then if you die or something it's gonna mess up her life so don't die or do anything stupid

geez, thanks man, I take that as a good laugh, not that what you said is funny, but the situation itself sounds ironic. self ...self what? whats the word? being sarcastic to oneself... anyway, you got the idea. I need to be less serious about this, damnit
Old 11-02-2001, 06:38 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Maybe that's it.. you're taking things too seriously.. lighten up! Cheer up! That's it! It's infectious... it will hit her in no time I tell you

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Once Upon A Paper
Old 11-02-2001, 07:24 AM   #13
Garnet

I must admit, from the *tone* of the msg., I agree with Bahamut more than Epona or SA. I've reread her note (and still can't make much sense out of it--but then I don't know the whole story, either).

The inflection of the words says to me that she has laid an ultimatum--back off and leave her the heck alone and if you do this to her satisfaction, she *might* allow you back into her life.

I could be way off, of course. It's been one of those weeks. And I hope I am, for your sake. Ultimatums from a person you genuinely care about are *never* a good or positive thing.

I'll be around if you or anybody else needs to talk--e-mail me if necessary. Otherwise, I'm going to go try to sort out how to (or if even I can) help my dearest friend climb out of the morass of drugs/substances in which it seems she is gleefully tumbling. (more info yesterday made puzzle pieces start to fit.....by the gods, I pray I'm wrong!!!)

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, Leo.

------------------
~Garnet FalconDance~

• Guardian of the Forests
  • Ranger-Protectoress of Ironworks
  • Scourge of Hobgoblins and Assorted Bad Nasties Everywhere![/list]

Old 11-02-2001, 07:27 AM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet:
I must admit, from the *tone* of the msg., I agree with Bahamut more than Epona or SA. I've reread her note (and still can't make much sense out of it--but then I don't know the whole story, either).

The inflection of the words says to me that she has laid an ultimatum--back off and leave her the heck alone and if you do this to her satisfaction, she *might* allow you back into her life.

I could be way off, of course. It's been one of those weeks. And I hope I am, for your sake. Ultimatums from a person you genuinely care about are *never* a good or positive thing.

I'll be around if you or anybody else needs to talk--e-mail me if necessary. Otherwise, I'm going to go try to sort out how to (or if even I can) help my dearest friend climb out of the morass of drugs/substances in which it seems she is gleefully tumbling. (more info yesterday made puzzle pieces start to fit.....by the gods, I pray I'm wrong!!!)

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, Leo.

no no, truth are always better than being coned
I am emailing you, thank you. just what have you in mind? she is cheating? not possible, because... I don't think anyone can get along with her like that. unless she just shops around, for god's sake, I'd be pissed off. just tell me please, thank you once more
Old 11-02-2001, 07:43 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

just emailed you, please read, Garnet, thank you so much
Old 11-02-2001, 07:44 AM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

I did understand the 'shape up or get out' part and the serious of it, I just wanted to turn it into a positive note, so that twoffifee feels motivated into shaping up, instead of getting depressed about the whole situation. I tend to look at the bright side of things

------------------
Later,

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Alex (edited 11-02-2001).]

Old 11-02-2001, 07:47 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

this shape up thing really refers to my school work, so no worry, both of you

she knows I need to spend more time on school,
Old 11-02-2001, 08:43 AM   #18
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sounds like she doesn't want you to rake up the past anymore, and that she cares enough for you to want you to get on with your life. Probably she is still confused as to whether to reveal her thoughts/feelings to you... just do as she says, leave her alone and hope for the best.

Sometimes, the most difficult thing is to let go and not do anything.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:59 AM   #19
Garnet

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
I did understand the 'shape up or get out' part and the serious of it, I just wanted to turn it into a positive note, so that twoffifee feels motivated into shaping up, instead of getting depressed about the whole situation. I tend to look at the bright side of things

Okey, dokey, got the e-mail and responded, 250. I'm beginning to understand the situation a little better and it does cast a slightly different light on 'things'. Still questions, but they'll be answered.

Sorceror Alex, it seems as if she may be operating more on a severe fear of letting people really close to her than any other nefarious reason. (Or at least I hope that's the case and not nefarious). It can be a *really* terrifying feeling to open yourself to someone with the knowledge that they then have the power to devastate you. NOT that 250 would do such a thing--I **Know** he would never! But it is a very real fear that most people deal with at one time or another. There are other factors here, many of which are equally if not more seriously detrimental, but this remains a viable possibility.

250, given all, I do not think she's 'cheating'. Not unless she's award-winning actress material.

I like bright sides, really I do. But sometimes ya gotta look in the shadows to understand the rainbow. 250's looking for answers, solutions, some shred of understanding of what appears a conundrum. And this is what he has all of us for!!

------------------
~Garnet FalconDance~

• Guardian of the Forests
  • Ranger-Protectoress of Ironworks
  • Scourge of Hobgoblins and Assorted Bad Nasties Everywhere![/list]

Old 11-02-2001, 09:24 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet:
Okey, dokey, got the e-mail and responded, 250. I'm beginning to understand the situation a little better and it does cast a slightly different light on 'things'. Still questions, but they'll be answered.

Sorceror Alex, it seems as if she may be operating more on a severe fear of letting people really close to her than any other nefarious reason. (Or at least I hope that's the case and not nefarious). It can be a *really* terrifying feeling to open yourself to someone with the knowledge that they then have the power to devastate you. NOT that 250 would do such a thing--I **Know** he would never! But it is a very real fear that most people deal with at one time or another. There are other factors here, many of which are equally if not more seriously detrimental, but this remains a viable possibility.

250, given all, I do not think she's 'cheating'. Not unless she's award-winning actress material.

I like bright sides, really I do. But sometimes ya gotta look in the shadows to understand the rainbow. 250's looking for answers, solutions, some shred of understanding of what appears a conundrum. And this is what he has all of us for!!

**bows to Garnet**

looking for answer? sigh, yeah, you are quite right about that. I've been doing that EVER since I met her. Till this point, I can say, I know quite a lot about her, yet I understand little. not just because she is a she, but it remains mystery to me how a humanbeing fucntion under such circumanstances? what is the mind set like for such person? what does she want? what does she like? what is she scared of (that I have a pretty good guess) what is she missing about? what does she value the most in life? etc etc etc, some of those questions are hard/confusion as hell... sigh

once again, thank you for the encouraging words, they gave a lot strength