Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 05:31 PM   #31
Grojlach
Zartan

PS Ever thought about moving the board to a faster server? It's awfully slow at this moment... compared to that, even Ironworks is like a TGV...

Edit: I take my words back about having registered succesfully... Another error occured before I was able to fill in my profile grmbl:
Quote:
Net::SMTP fatal error: unable to create Net::SMTP object localhost. at (eval 2) line 3.
[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 05:40 PM   #32
Anubis
Dungeon Master

I just got done talking to Shaz. She said to e-mail her with your name that you signed up as, your password (you can change this once you get into MH) and the e-mail address you used to sign up with. She will take care of it at her end. Hope it helps

Ladynightshadex@yahoo.com

------------------

You shall sit in judgment with Osiris
Old 07-11-2001, 05:45 PM   #33
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis:
I just got done talking to Shaz. She said to e-mail her with your name that you signed up as, your password (you can change this once you get into MH) and the e-mail address you used to sign up with. She will take care of it at her end. Hope it helps

Ladynightshadex@yahoo.com

Hmm, a lot of work just to view a board I might not even want to post on at all... Again I ask: why the silly precautions? Why make sure everyone registers first before they're able to see the board? It's not even close to making sense, unless the admins and moderators have a secret deal with some spam creating monsters, to collect e-mail adresses for them to send their spam to us... Is any of the ones in charge at Mithril hall willing to explain that thingy to me?

Old 07-11-2001, 06:01 PM   #34
Lady Nightshade
The Magister

Look its up to you if you want to sign up for our forum

:::Hmm, a lot of work just to view a board I might not even want to post on at all... Again I ask: why the silly precautions? Why make sure everyone registers first before they're able to see the board? It's not even close to making sense, unless the admins and moderators have a secret deal with some spam creating monsters, to collect e-mail adresses for them to send their spam to us... Is any of the ones in charge at Mithril hall willing to explain that thingy to me?:::::

We host our forum on our DSL/pc and sometimes our firewall messes things up, we are going to change firewalls, we just rebooted and the mail server is sending out a ton of emails, so people will prbly get their mail soon, sorry about the prbs, but there is no hidden agenda, and no secret deals

Old 07-11-2001, 06:11 PM   #35
Grojlach
Zartan

Okay, thanks for answering that one so quickly, Lady Nightshade. Perhaps I'll sign up in the future then, when the problems are solved; I'm just curious about the board, but not desperately looking for new message boards to post on...

PS about the hidden agenda thing I mentioned: sorry about that, but sometimes you really have to post controversial stuff on this board just to get an answer to a simple question, since most of those questions simply get lost under tons of spam, unfortunately

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 06:23 PM   #36
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think I can safely assure you that Lady Nightshade/Shazira is NOT a SPAM-collector! She runs a VERY tight forum over there, and any precautions are to protect her visitors, not exploit them.

"spam-creating monster", indeed! As if!

Old 07-11-2001, 06:33 PM   #37
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I think I can safely assure you that Lady Nightshade/Shazira is NOT a SPAM-collector! She runs a VERY tight forum over there, and any precautions are to protect her visitors, not exploit them.

Sigh... calm down man, first of all, I already kinda apologized, second of all, I had no idea who were running that board in the first place. Just simple paranoia.

PS I'm an admin of some pretty crowded message boards around, but I've never seen moderators explode over such a small misunderstanding... If it was offensive, well, then I apologize.

Old 07-11-2001, 06:44 PM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Grojlach, Software and hardware glitches can and do occur. Accusing the board administrators of paranoia isn't really necessary to get an answer! Lady Nightshade is pretty good at answering questions as soon as she can!
And she's a valued member of THIS board so I'm glad to see you two posted to one another and worked that out!

Cloudy
aka IceAngel at MH

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-11-2001, 06:53 PM   #39
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Grojlach, Software and hardware glitches can and do occur. Accusing the board administrators of paranoia isn't really necessary to get an answer! Lady Nightshade is pretty good at answering questions as soon as she can!
And she's a valued member of THIS board so I'm glad to see you two posted to one another and worked that out!

Cloudy
aka IceAngel at MH

Hehe, I know all about software and hardware glitches, have some experience with those as well with the boards I'm running myself. Still a pity though about the firewall thing... those are the kind of problems which are beyond your control most of the time and not easy to cope with. But I was just a little surprised by the fact I couldn't even look at the forums as a guest. But with the fact Lady Nightshade and Ken are ruling the place the precautions are making more sense now... (based on rumours though, but I'm not going to ask about them).
Old 07-11-2001, 07:08 PM   #40
Anduril
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I wouldnt say we run a VERY tight forum but we dont condone spamming if i catch anyone spamming or flaming over there ill kick there ass. (Im not saying anyone here would so dont get the wrong idea here)

------------------

Strider's Web 2.0
Forgotten Wars