Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #1
Lopadamus Flimbog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I decided to download TotL, and once i click the download now button, a RealPlayer message comes, saying that its varyfing a connection, or something. It seems to be stuck, or it's jut taking a long time to varify the connection. Is it working? Did anyone else have this problem? I know the waiting time is usualy 20 mins. but i'm not able to do anything but press Cancel button.
Lopadamus Flimbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 06:24 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You may want to deactivate RealDownload as your default file download. Sounds like when you installed RealPlayer you probably selected an option that set RealDownload as your default download application.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:50 PM   #3
Lopadamus Flimbog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I downloaded TotL again, without RealPlayer (Thanks Memnoch), it worked,but when the Installation Wizard came, an error message came, reading:
"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of this file, verify its integrity, and try again."
The only thing i can understand what that says, is that I have to download it again. I didnt touch the PC the 4 hours it was downloading, and don't know what could've happend. If I download it again, is it likely to occur again?
Thanks!
Lopadamus Flimbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 01:27 AM   #4
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

no idea...
but i had trouble with an australian mirror...
gave me corrupted files twice in a row.
i suggest try again from a different source.
as i assume your using cable or dsl, turn off all extraneous programs.