Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #31
Sythe
Ra
 

Join Date: May 19, 2002
Location: The US of A
Age: 30
Posts: 2,365
Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
A good case of "intellegence" or more likely instincs is that:

if you live dog alone he will probably die becuase it is the dog who is not able to live alone. He is to dependant on us.


Cat is tottlaly another thing. Cat is a hunter.Skilled hunter.
Live cat alone and he/she will have no problem with the meaning of survival.
What if it was an indoor cat?
__________________
Slythe is back! Back again! Haha! <br /><br />[url]\"http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9928/130blood4ts.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /></a>
Sythe is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #32
Xen
Symbol of Moradin
 

Join Date: June 5, 2002
Location: Slovenia,Ljubljana
Age: 31
Posts: 8,553
Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
A good case of "intellegence" or more likely instincs is that:

if you live dog alone he will probably die becuase it is the dog who is not able to live alone. He is to dependant on us.


Cat is tottlaly another thing. Cat is a hunter.Skilled hunter.
Live cat alone and he/she will have no problem with the meaning of survival.
What if it was an indoor cat? [/QUOTE]It really doesn`t matter. Cat is a hunter. It is in her blood. She will not be dependet on human. belive me.
I tested this.
I let my cat loose for 2 weeks,and she survived just easliy.
The only problem was how to find her...
Xen is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #33
BaRoN NiGhT
Avatar
 

Join Date: June 16, 2003
Location: Home
Posts: 536
most of u reply based on opinions.if your talking about which is smarter, well lets just see what affects the difference of intelligence between living things.as u know, we, humans are the smartest living thing.what is the cause of that?brain.yes, brain volume is the thing that makes the difference.the larger, the smarter.this is fact about cats and dogs brain volume:

cat: 25.3
dog: 81

see!based on these facts, dogs r smarter.u cant resist it.

but above all of that, i still love cats more.they are just lovable, playful,and not harmful like dogs.


--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 12:40 PM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator
 

Join Date: March 1, 2001
Location: Upstate NY USA
Posts: 19,737
Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ROTFL! My cats would assure you that it doesn't matter what we humans think, they'll take over the known universe anyway! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
My cats have made it clear to us long ago that they only allow us to live in THEIR apartment because we know how to open the cans of food. I'm sure that if they figure that out, we'll come home to changed locks. [/QUOTE]You betcha! LOLOL One of mine can almost turn the doorknob if he is on something that keeps him up near the knob! Thank goodness he doesn't have thumbs or I'd be looking outside for him all the time!
__________________
"Don't take life for granted." Animal (may he rest in peace)
Cloudbringer is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 01:26 PM   #35
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

     
     Bow to the Meow

 

Join Date: January 4, 2001
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Age: 45
Posts: 11,676
Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
most of u reply based on opinions.if your talking about which is smarter, well lets just see what affects the difference of intelligence between living things.as u know, we, humans are the smartest living thing.what is the cause of that?brain.yes, brain volume is the thing that makes the difference.the larger, the smarter.this is fact about cats and dogs brain volume:

cat: 25.3
dog: 81

see!based on these facts, dogs r smarter.u cant resist it.

but above all of that, i still love cats more.they are just lovable, playful,and not harmful like dogs.


--------------------
That is totally a false truth. See, us Humans only USE 10% of our brains (and some I've met, much less [img]smile.gif[/img] )


So says the [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]
__________________
Ziroc™
Ironworks Gaming Webmaster
www.ironworksgaming.com

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #36
Stratos
Vampire
 

Join Date: January 29, 2003
Location: Sweden
Age: 37
Posts: 3,888
I believe it's more than just the size of the brain that matters, by that logic whales would be smarter than humans. It's also about how much 'folded' the brain is and the size of it in relation to the size of the body of the host.
__________________
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of probability.
Stratos is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 04:36 PM   #37
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult
 
Tetris Champion
Join Date: August 23, 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Age: 37
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
most of u reply based on opinions.if your talking about which is smarter, well lets just see what affects the difference of intelligence between living things.as u know, we, humans are the smartest living thing.what is the cause of that?brain.yes, brain volume is the thing that makes the difference.the larger, the smarter.this is fact about cats and dogs brain volume:

cat: 25.3
dog: 81

see!based on these facts, dogs r smarter.u cant resist it.

but above all of that, i still love cats more.they are just lovable, playful,and not harmful like dogs.


--------------------
That is totally a false truth. See, us Humans only USE 10% of our brains (and some I've met, much less [img]smile.gif[/img] )


[/QUOTE]Nope, sorry Z, THAT is a false truth. We use almost all of our brains . But Stratos is right, brain size isn't important anyway. People with big heads aren't any smarter than people with small heads. And women generally have smaller heads than men but they are no dumber on average.
__________________
Aelia Jusa is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 04:39 PM   #38
Xen
Symbol of Moradin
 

Join Date: June 5, 2002
Location: Slovenia,Ljubljana
Age: 31
Posts: 8,553
NO! Ziroc is right. We only use 10% of our brain!
And we think we are smart.


Some Shaoiln priests belive that if we could learn how to use 100% of our brain then we could see our former life before reincarnation.

Hmm cool
Xen is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 04:42 PM   #39
Chewbacca
Zartan
 

Join Date: July 18, 2001
Location: America, On The Beautiful Earth
Age: 45
Posts: 5,373
We use 100% of our brain, roughly 10% of our mind. Of course it's practicaly metaphysics so there is no way to prove it.
__________________
Support Local Music and Record Stores!
Got Liberty?
Chewbacca is offline  
Old 07-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #40
Rokenn
Galvatron
 

Join Date: January 22, 2002
Location: california wine country
Age: 54
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
ROTFL! My cats would assure you that it doesn't matter what we humans think, they'll take over the known universe anyway! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
My cats have made it clear to us long ago that they only allow us to live in THEIR apartment because we know how to open the cans of food. I'm sure that if they figure that out, we'll come home to changed locks. [/QUOTE]Oh true. My cat makes sure I get up each morning to go to work, so I can maintain her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed [img]smile.gif[/img]
__________________
“This is an impressive crowd, the haves and the have mores. <br />Some people call you the elite. <br />I call you my base.”<br />~ George W. Bush (2000)
Rokenn is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why cats are better than dogs(#12) wellard General Discussion 11 01-06-2007 05:07 AM
Dogs and cats - a classic Memnoch General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 6 09-08-2004 08:29 AM
On Dogs and Cats Arvon General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 3 07-20-2003 11:52 PM
Dogs or Cats Triconan General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 46 06-08-2002 10:16 PM
Cats or dogs? Sir ReGiN General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) 27 11-09-2001 11:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved