Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2000, 12:50 AM   #1
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

go in the guarded compount in the temple district
there you will find the celetial fury ,the best waepon in the game excluding Crom Feayr
with valygar's own katana
He is goddammed deadly
Old 12-25-2000, 07:13 AM   #2
Ertai, Wizard Adept

POSSIBLE SPOILER for those who havent completed Valygars quest!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Well this is what ive done: I told the wizards i would catch Valygar and take him to them, but when I met him I discovered the only way to enter the sphere was taking him in my party or killing him. As Im good, I took him in my party for a while (only to open the sphere and then I throwed him), and told Tolgerias that I wont catch Valygar cause they lied to me (possibly stupid thing) so now Im inside the sphere. I already got the demon heart (the tanar´ris SUCK) and now I have to fight Tolgerias and another mage. Well, my question is: when I return to Athkatla will the wizards persecute me or I will be able to walk over there without any problem ??

Old 12-25-2000, 07:16 AM   #3
Jon the Hell Caster

nope when you get the sphere as a stronghold soon some cowled wizards bargin with you. Make sure to agree otherwise you get kicked out of the sphere.

Old 12-25-2000, 07:26 AM   #4
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Valygar is actually a very good NPC
and he woul;d have beenvery cool
if only the makers would have given him more tex
Old 12-25-2000, 07:30 AM   #5
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Valygar cant wear strong armor and i already have minsc dont want another ranger and ive got keldorn who is really good with gauntlets of dexterity

Old 12-25-2000, 08:15 AM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Valygar already has good armor
Old 12-25-2000, 09:05 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Ertai, you did fine. The bounty you get if you hand in Valygar was the ring on Tolgerias body and no they don't persecute you.

Also Valygar can wear shadow dragon armour, only marginally better than his own, and arguably third or fourth best armour in the game. Valygar is a VERY good NPC. His proficiency in Katanas is something Minsc doen't have, and he isn't half as annoying. He has an interesting script with Mazzy that I never saw the end of too.

Additionally, Valygar is probably closer to the archetypal Ranger than Minsc - who is more a Berzerker - will ever be. As a Stalker his stealth rating makes for a brilliant spy/scout. I'd pick Valygar over Minsc any day of the week. Leave the dex gauntlets with Keldorn and give Valygar a strength enhancement girdle so he can use some very good longbows.
Old 12-25-2000, 10:33 AM   #8
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Well, i do like my party cause to spy and stealth I have Yoshimo with 100 % in stealth and move silently, plus the boots of stealth so he ALWAYS gets in shadows. About armor, I do prefer Keldorn´s own armor and the Firekraag armor for Minsc. And Minsc can use two handed swords and bows, while Valygars proficiencies are very poor to me (i still dont have any decent katana and SURE i wont use a spear). So maybe when i replay i´ll take him (mainly to see his dialogues with lavok) but now i think I will play with my actual party (me sorceror, minsc, keldorn, jaheira, yoshimo and edwin). its working out fine.