Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2003, 06:11 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I'm currently planning on restarting the game with a new party... but what is most important; I want a fun party this time. NPC Interaction wise...
So I was thinking of;

-Minsc
-Jan
-Aerie
-Jaheira
-Imoen/Edwin

Suggestions?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 07:27 AM   #2
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

well Jan-Minsc is a bit funny, and I think Edwin will argue with pretty much everybody.
-I think Aerie and Edwin causes fights (fun, but you could lose one/both of them).
-Jaheira isnt much fun combined with other NPCs, but she probably has the most sub-plot related events of anyone (if you can get her to work, she's also got more bugs than anyone).
-Jan likes playing tricks and making jokes, he's generally good value that way (as well as a great thief and ok mage)
-Most evil characters will cause trouble with the good aligned characters, which can be fun, but also problematic. I would probably recomend taking one of them anyway because it's worth trying for yourself. Just save regularly in case someone gets upset and leaves forever with a bunch of your equipment.

general tip, the best dialogue usually occurs between clashing personalities. Lawful Good + Chaotic Evil = fire works

another thing, I think Anomen and/or Haer Dalis can contest you for romances.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
IronDragon
Elminster

I know Kelsey and Anomen will dislike each other if your PC is female. I have never played this through but from what I understand you can get a preview of things by going to bridge district and look for bubbles and her boyfriends.

The only thing fun you can do with Aerie is find out how many times you can resurrect her.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

i know minsc and edwin have, shall we say, personality differences

Have you taken Yoshimo? I reccomend taking him at least once
If not you've got pretty good balance and the last person becomes a matter of personal chioce.
Want a tank, take mazzy or Keldorn.
want a second imoen, take nalia
a bard(who has interactions w/ aerie), take haer-dalis
ect and so on
Old 03-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #5
Rapida
The Magister

keldorn (the inquistor from the sewers) is funny with Jan and i beat he would get missed with by edwin or viciona. Just make sure you keep Jan his stories give me a chuckle every time.
Go to this site: [url]\"http://go.everwars.com/play.x?p=17259\" target=\"_blank\">http://go.everwars.com/play.x?p=17259</a> and play a free online game. No downloads required.<br />Great non-spoiler site; [url]\"http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/bg2.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/bg2.php</a>
Rapida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:11 AM   #6
D*Ranged

And Valygar and Cernd for maximum boredom.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:58 PM   #7
Jatelka
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
And Valygar and Cernd for maximum boredom.
Valygar + Jan is a pretty funny combination: Valygar is stern and keeps telling Jan how he had to slaughter his undead magey parents. Jan keeps waffling on oblivious

Jan trying to steal Boo is also fun
Jatelka is offline   Reply With Quote