Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 07:23 AM   #61
dplax
Jack Burton

Introduction of a new player and some info for Therlion:

Keal had been sent to scout out the activities of the wild men in the mountains and possibly rally them to the cause of Morgoth's enemies. So far he has seen a large wargroup of these men advancing down a valley. He was on his way to report this information back to his leaders, when he spotted a large group of humans on horseback in the distance.

As Kalam's group spotted the figure in the distance they turned slightly as to go towards him. They knew that here in the plains even if the figure tried to escape they would catch up. Several minutes later the group caught up with Keal. (OOC: info for Keal. If you don't know there are about fifty men in the group along with Therlion an elf) Kalam the leader of the group brought his horse forward, while some of his men seeing that the figure was an elf brought their bows bearing on Keal.

"What brings you in these lands elf?"
Old 08-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #62
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I was waiting for Roland's move, but I'll go ahead and assume that he will be okay with this.

Turin

Turin did not want to, but gave in and met her gaze when she made the sly comment, meant to carry a secret meaning.

Roland went to one room, and Turin watched Robyn strut off to the other, leaving him finally alone to guard the home from the inside. He drew out his sword and laid it on the floor next to him, since there were no chairs yet...and pulled out a pack of playing cards and began to play a solitaire game.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:18 PM   #63
Keal

"A mission, relating to the same force you are are about to encounter. I understand you are going to hold them back, I will assist you for the time being." He draws his sword slowly,"I may be of some assistance, what do you think." Keal says walking out of the shadows.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:56 AM   #64
dplax
Jack Burton

For Keal and Therlion:

As Keal's hand goes to his sword the men in the group move in closer to protect their leader. (OOC: you'd better put the sword away)

"Elves have never been our allies. Why should they start now? Besides why should I trust you? I don't know anything about you."
Old 08-24-2004, 07:13 AM   #65
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

"Yes, but I do. This is Keal, an elf I know. He may be of assistance. He is the protector of this lands, and that might be an advantage for us." Therlion moved his horse closer to Keal and continued in a flat voice, not wanting to reveal to the troops any cloesness to Kalam "And if you don't trust him because he is an elf, remember that it was me who saved your sister." He moved his hair to show the men his pointy ear as he scratched his neck.

[ 08-24-2004, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 08-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #66
dplax
Jack Burton

Robyn

Although she did not want to Robyn quickly fell asleep as she was exhausted from the previous days happenings. It was now only up to Turin what, if anything would happen that night.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #67
dplax
Jack Burton

For Therlion and Kalam:

One of the men in the group, who seemed to be an officer of some rank, cried out:

"Do not trust them! Elves have always been known to be evil."

It seemed that all of the men started shouting at the same time after that, all saying what they thought was right. It took Kalam several minutes to calm everone down, after which he went aside with two of his officers to debate the situation. While they were talking a fierce looking rider edged his horse closer to Therlion's and in a voice barely above a whisper announced to him: "I'm the one who'se going to get you."

The other men in the meantime where either pointing their weapons at Keal, or trying to hear what their leaders were talking about.

About five minutes later Kalam came back and announced the decision he had made.

"You may come with us, but your hands shall be tied and your weapons taken away, until I say otherwise. We also do not have another horse, I'm sure you could ride with your friend Therlion."

All the while he spoke Kalam kept sending apologetic glances at Therlion. He had to make him understand that he had to be the leader of his men, still seemingly loyal to his father.

EDIT: spelling.

[ 08-24-2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 08-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #68
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Therlion, now relieved that Keal wasn't going to be executed on the spot, smiled briefly at Kalam. He then set his eyes on the rider that threatened him, and stared enough to stare down the rider. A huge man, bald, with a big scar on his left arm, Therlion now noted who he should be wary of if there was any battle. A thought later he realised that he should infact be wary of everyone in the troops. Atleast keal was with him now, that thought comforted him.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #69
Sythe
Ra

OOC: Sorry I have not been here as of late. The reason is becaue I lost interest in Roleplaying (and nearly everything else fantasy related. I dunno why though) thankfully going to the fantasy section of my bookstore has rekindled my interest. Again sorry for my abscense.

Roland twisted and turned. "I feel so weary and yet my body will not rest." He looked at the ceiling and his thoughts slowly drifted off to his past. He soon had fallen asleep and receeded into dreams.

He clutched the blade in both his hands and saw as shadows sprung around him. He cut his way through the things. He breathed hard and saw his own shadow grow longer and become three dimensional. It grew immense and it soon swalloed him. Screams assaulted his ears, darkness blinded his vision.

He woke and was breathing although he swam across a river. He went off his bed and saw Turin playing solitaire. "I will keep watch, I shall have no sleep tonight."
Old 08-26-2004, 01:46 PM   #70
dplax
Jack Burton

For Roland and Turin:

As soon as Roland finished speaking a loud knock could be heard at the door and a voice shouted from outside:

"Open up in the name of Lord Easthome! Open up!"
Closed Thread