Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2001, 07:31 PM   #1
NytesHalo

I remember may be couple days ago about reading how some people would return to their nice cozy little ranger cabins to sit back, relax and browse through their trophies only to find out, hey, nothing is here, I thought this was my home. Well turns out (after just completing yet another ranger sidequest, that the cabin isn't actually yours completely until you've truly proven yourself to the people i.e. coming to Umar's aid quickly and efficiently to take care of the problems that Delon hunts you down about. By the way, is it me, or does this kid have a really bad sense of timing. At least with me, both times he showed up I had just crawled out of the Windspear ruins after destoying everything in there, including Firkraag himself. Now I was beat up, tired and in a very sour mood. Soon as I pop out of the cave he shows up and says hey, we need your help killing orogs, but you have to be in Umar in three days or all is lost. Now here I am, all battered and bruised, and lugging far more loot than I should possibly carry, and he comes out saying he wants me to kill more right away. The second time, well it was BEFORE I was about to plunge into the graveyard after the vampires. I had just rested in the graveyard entrance, prepared to destroy these foul creatures and here he is again. (Personally I think this kid should be a ranger himself with his uncanny knack of tracking me.) So anyway, now I have to kill someone claiming to be Umar the witch, so now I have to dump everything and go put a sword through her and a couple demons. Well turns out after you kill Umar you get a wonderful little present from Meiliki, and figureine of wondrous power MOON DOG, and nice creature on par with Drizzt's panther Guenhwyvar, and just as intelligent, and when you go back, the Minister tells you that the cabin is now yours completely, no more strings attached. So there you have it. If you didn't feel like helping your lands right away you end up losing cabin, and whatever may be in it. Sorry this is so long. just felt in a storytelling mood.