Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #131
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
I doubt many Iraqis would claim that this conflict has done more damage than Hussein did. At least we aren't using chemical weapons and stealing billions of dollars from them.
I would question that. The Kurdish bombing killed several thousand, and everyday persucution undoubtedly did as well. However, with the country in shambles and Iraqi total deaths reaching 100,000, I do not think the Iraqis have failed to claim GWB was worse than Saddam. Google it, research it, check your facts -- I suspect there are as many against us at this point as for us. Most of all, they want us gone. On that, I think we can agree. [/QUOTE]I'm sure most do want us gone, just as many here want us to pull out. If the situation doesn't settle down soon and the Iraqis begin handling their own problems soon, then this whole situation will degenerate into a disastrous debacle. Besides, we've got problems in the States that need attention, so we cannot continue being distracted abroad.

Don't get me wrong--thousands of deaths is wrong, no matter who is doing it. However, there are times when those who can step forward to stop an atrocity should do so, even if by doing so they cause some deaths. Truman understood this, which is why he gave approval for Hiroshima and Nagasaki; he regretted that decision for the rest of his life but made it nonetheless.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:14 AM   #132
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Nay, the "Holely Pastry" is just jelious his excrement has been exceded.
If you take the time to read the thread JD the original post wasn't made by me at all.

I won't comment on the "holely" statement! That's funny on too many levels!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote