Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 01:45 PM   #1
MagiK

This is a poll for people who are employed full time in an occupation. This doesnt count part time Jobs for people working their way through school or just earning spending cash during the summer....

Old 07-16-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
MagiK

Ok Kids this is a serious post that I was prompted to put out, because I was recently in a meeting where it seemed I was the only one who enjoyed the work I do. Im curious as to wehter this is common or if Im just an anomaly....lets hear what ya got to say.

Old 07-16-2002, 01:52 PM   #3
TAOWolf
White Dragon

I obviously enjoy my job, since I've been in it for over 14 years *LOL*.......plus the retirement is worth staying in!

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:53 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm enjoying my job, mostly because i work with my bro all day and most of the time brothers just beat eachother up. Not us, we're like best mates and that's cool. Why are you interrested in this ?
Old 07-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #5
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:
I obviously enjoy my job, since I've been in it for over 14 years *LOL*.......plus the retirement is worth staying in!
Nekid dancing druids have a good retirement? Cool....by the way...when is the public demonstration for ya'll [img]smile.gif[/img] hehehe

No seriously, what is your profession?? Military?

I would have been Carreer Navy had my waiver for bad knees not been overturned by a capricious Captain who thought EVERY single Sailor needed to be a runner.

Old 07-16-2002, 01:56 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

I am very fortunate. I work with Rudy and we have our own business. The best part about it is what we do makes a difference in people's lives. We give people hope and give them something to work for. Financial Analysts may not be for everyone... but seeing the relief when we are helping makes a difference when I look in the mirror.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:57 PM   #7
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm enjoying my job, mostly because i work with my bro all day and most of the time brothers just beat eachother up. Not us, we're like best mates and that's cool. Why are you interrested in this ?
Like my post above said, I was recently exposed to many people who do not like their jobs and found that odd.
Thought maybe I was out of touch with the masses so I thought I would ask [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 02:03 PM   #8
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Nekid dancing druids have a good retirement? Cool....by the way...when is the public demonstration for ya'll [img]smile.gif[/img] hehehe

No seriously, what is your profession?? Military?

I would have been Carreer Navy had my waiver for bad knees not been overturned by a capricious Captain who thought EVERY single Sailor needed to be a runner.
*LMAO*, go to the RP threads, I dance in ORT all the time......

and yes, I'm in the military.... I was activated in Sept of last year, after the WTC bombings........ and I am scheduled to go overseas in October for 45 -180 days..... My fiance and I were going to get married in December, but now we are going to move it up to the second or third week of October, depending when I have to leave....

But the money is good, I enjoy where and who I work with........

[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:07 PM   #9
lian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi--I'm totally new here. I wasn't ready to jump in yet, but this question touched a nerve in me today. I'm a single mother of a 5-year-old daughter, and I dance to support us. I catch a lot of flack for this from my family. Yes, I'm happy with the job, but your poll didn't ask if we would willingly change jobs if we found something that paid as much. I would!
Old 07-16-2002, 02:11 PM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by lian:
Hi--I'm totally new here. I wasn't ready to jump in yet, but this question touched a nerve in me today. I'm a single mother of a 5-year-old daughter, and I dance to support us. I catch a lot of flack for this from my family. Yes, I'm happy with the job, but your poll didn't ask if we would willingly change jobs if we found something that paid as much. I would!
Hihi Lian, no flack to catch from me. We do what it takes, especially if it means putting food ont he table and taking care of our children. Personally I find nothing offensive about Dancing, Dancers...of any sort (exotic or otherwise). And Welcome to IW too [img]smile.gif[/img] We are generaly a nice bunch here ..altho we do get spirited in our discussions [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-16-2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]