Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 03:37 PM   #1
Sansovino
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What do you need to do in order to complete the "investigatione into the vale of shadows"?

I have explored all of the caves ( I think ) and when I returned to that druid man in the two story house (forgot his name) he speaks as if I have done nothing.

------------------
Neil
Sansovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- You should search very carefully all the caves. you should get some keys that will allow you to enter certain areas in these caves. The last cave is the one in the eastern part of the map, and it has 4 levels (i think). Dont stop exploring the caves till you get a quest from somebody.

If you need more spoilers, just ask

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 04:56 PM   #3
Sansovino
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have gone down to the second level of the cave in the NE and can go no further. I am lost because to my knowledge I have explored all of the caves fully. Is this the cave that needs to be explored further

------------------
Neil
Old 04-04-2001, 05:00 PM   #4
Khanar
Manshoon

Yes. There's a LOT of things to do in that cave (#5 I think).
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:47 PM   #5
sam miller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

on the second level to the cave in the NE theres a lever on a piller that opens a door. through the door you will iventually find a spirit who sends you on a mission to kill a witch. shes in one of the earlier caves.
sam miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 10:19 PM   #6
Glycerine
Manshoon

S P O I L E R

...and actually if you go back and talk to the innkeep in the city after you kill her there will be a new dialog option. You can tell him her true identity and he will offer to give you all of the stuff she left in her room. Nothing really special, but if you do it early enough you can get a few nice items to have at the beginning of the game.

E N D S P O I L E R

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 01:16 PM   #7
Sansovino
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx, I'll have a dabble...

------------------
Neil
Old 04-05-2001, 07:58 PM   #8
Roger Stevens
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've seached all the caves in the Vale thoroughly and have found three keys.
The Gate key, Sanctum key and Priest's key. But none of these seem to open the first locked door in the NE cave. Have I missed a key? If so - where is it?
Or am I just missing something else? Help!
Roger Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 04:04 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

On the second or third level theres a passage thats kinda hard to spot on the middle of the right side of the map. Its hard to actually see it but its right around where you fight the bad guy on that level. He isnt the main bad guy after all...you can see edges of other corriders too.
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 04:24 PM   #10
Sansovino
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I am in the NE most cave. There are some gears and cogs on the wall, upon examining them it says there may be a lever. I CANT find this lever! PLZ help!!!?!"?!?