Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 01:17 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As I went walking by a news stand, I saw a paper that had a large picture of bin Laden's new baby boy. The title read :"Bin Laden Jr.", or something like that. I did not have time to read anything on it, so I was just wondering what that was about.
By the way...could somebody just let me know of the status of things? I came here today, looking for a news update in opinions of you, the IW members, and I see nothing. You can e-mail me if you do not want to post anything here, publically.
Thanks.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:17 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

From what I've seen and read, "Daddy" Bin Laden tried to instill in all of his 50+ children a hate for Isreal and the West from an early age. He was, obviously, more successful in some than others. There are many successful, non-violent Bin Ladens (just like the multitude of Saudi's who reject him) who have rejected Osama and his radical interperation of Islam.

*my best newscaster voice*

In the world today, Kandahar is surrounded and the circle tightens on the last remaining Taliban stonghold. US Marines are part of that circle and expected to, possibly, take part in the final attack. The Secretary of Defense has warned this could be the most dangerous attack on the Taliban so far, and could get "ugly". The refuges continue to leave, and the bombing continues while the hardline and foreign Taliban refuse to negotiate or surrender to either the NA or the various militant tribes involved in the encirclement.

In the biggest Middle Eastern story today, Israel responds to the weekend suicide attacks. Israel blames Yassar Arafat and fired missles into his Palestinian offices and a police building. Palestinian Authorities contine to round up Hamas operators, but Israel says, "it's too little, too late." Hamas did claim responsibility for the attacks prior to Israel's retaliation. Both Israeli and Palestinian authorities have blamed the each other for the never ending cycle of violence, and each vowed to continue to "protect" themselves from one another through the means at their disposal.

About 40 Foreign Taliban were discovered in a basement in the prision where rioting claimed the first American casuality on Afghan soil. One of those, a 20 year old, claims to be an American and has been turned over to US Special Forces. See the other thread for details.

Thank you for joining us tonight for continuing coverage on the war against terrorism, keep it here, on WRON, for further updates. Stay tuned for Dr. Susie and her indepth conversations regarding constipation on the RON radio network.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:22 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Competing "stations" might note the adding of a "G" spot to my "company" makes me the WRONG radio network...lol.