Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2003, 04:17 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Anybody playing with this mod? how do you defeat that annoying dragon? I've just met my first dragon and I had to run away. My arrows don't even hurt it.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 04:51 AM   #2
B_part
Quintesson

Levitate and hack it to pieces with a sword. Or try the area effect arrows you can buy at the fletcher's shop in vivec. Aim to the ground and watch the fireball. Poisoned arrows might work as well.

I'm going to try this mod. where exactly did you meet the dragon?
Old 02-02-2003, 06:44 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

In Molag Mor region, where there's lava pool. I was on my way to salipund doing a mage guild quest.

emm..levitate spell? he fly away while shooting fireballs at you. So it's hard to do melee. I try some of the area effect arrow.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:09 AM   #4
B_part
Quintesson

They too fast? levitate + boots of blinding speed... I'll try this tonight, stay tuned for results.

Edit: maybe tomorrow, pressing business with some really bad guys near hlormaren, no time for a leisure trip to molag region

[ 02-02-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: B_part ]
Old 02-02-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

not too fast but it will just fly away and your magic will be over before you get anywhere near him. it's a hard landing you know.

well, I think I'm strong enough to challenge Umbra for a duel. hehe..
Old 02-03-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Anybody playing with this mod? how do you defeat that annoying dragon? I've just met my first dragon and I had to run away. My arrows don't even hurt it.
This tells me I'm not the only one having problems. I do not know where or how to hit these flying barns. Have you noticed how your spells seem to fly right through them? I would imagine that arrows would do the same. The only one I have found flies too high to take collateral damage from a exploding arrow. I have amule of flight, and have tried to melee, but no damage scored with any weapon I have tried. He just keeps breathing fire, and eventually I have to leave to heal.

I have the same problem with the titan, all ranged attacks fly right through. I closed for melee, and lets say, he swatted me for all 511 HPs, plus knocked me three flips backwards. That was without me getting in a single hit.

Me tinks the author of the plug-in is very fond of his dragon, and titan, therefore they either have; A. No hit sensor. B. A small hit sensor somwhere on top of their head.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:23 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

titan? I never met any titan before, where did you met a titan? or did you confuse it with giant?

I'll try to buy arrows that cause cold damage to fight with the dragon.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #8
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
not too fast but it will just fly away and your magic will be over before you get anywhere near him. it's a hard landing you know.

well, I think I'm strong enough to challenge Umbra for a duel. hehe..
Umbras a sissy, he went down and i took his special little sword. That vivec is something else though........
Old 02-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #9
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:

I have the same problem with the titan, all ranged attacks fly right through. I closed for melee, and lets say, he swatted me for all 511 HPs, plus knocked me three flips backwards. That was without me getting in a single hit.

Me tinks the author of the plug-in is very fond of his dragon, and titan, therefore they either have; A. No hit sensor. B. A small hit sensor somwhere on top of their head.

Felix
Titans can be killed: their hit sensor is in the shins - I had one stuck behind a boulder once and killed it with arrows; another i killed from downunder chopping his leg with Eltonbrand. Not easy to hit them though, and no way you can hit them in the head.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:39 PM   #10
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

are they resistant to magic?