Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 10:37 AM   #1
Agent Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi everbody, i am a new member to this forum so i hope u guys will help and guide me along.

Since BG1 had been release for 5 years, i bet there must be some experts here on this forum. Just wanna know did any1 got all unique items(excluding from sales in items store) in the game and completing nearly all quests available in the shortest time possible without playing cheats.

For me, i managed to complete 99% of all quests and getting all unique items available (these include Drizzt items, 2 full plate mails, full plate mail+1, Plate mail+3, Large Shield+2, Sling+3, Boot of North, helm and cloak of Balduran and 2x ring of wizardry, 2x ring of free actions, 2x ring of fire resistance and all 8 tombs in the game). I explore every single map except for 1 (located outside Baldur's gate, i didnt explore becz the place has nothing so i didnt want to waste my time) and every dungeon (pls do not include Firewine dungeon, that whole place was a pain in an ass and i dun think anyone will waste their time to explore it), i complete the whole BG/ToSC series in just 47 days 15 hours.

(For ur info, i had to complete this game for 5 times before i can achieved this)

So any1 here has even better performance?

[ 06-04-2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Agent Smith ]
Old 06-04-2003, 11:50 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!

Quote:
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Hi everbody, i am a new member to this forum so i hope u guys will help and guide me along.

As long as the subject is willing...

Since BG1 had been release for 5 years, i bet there must be some experts here on this forum. Just wanna know did any1 got all unique items(excluding from sales in items store) in the game and completing nearly all quests available in the shortest time possible without playing cheats.

No doubt people have done this. It's called powergaming. Many of the experts around here prefer roleplaying. This thread explains the difference.

For me, i managed to complete 99% of all quests and getting all unique items available...I explore every single map except for 1 (located outside Baldur's gate, i didnt explore becz the place has nothing so i didnt want to waste my time) and every dungeon (pls do not include Firewine dungeon, that whole place was a pain in an ass and i dun think anyone will waste their time to explore it), i complete the whole BG/ToSC series in just 47 days 15 hours.

And it usually takes me ~150 days to do BG1 and TotSC. But then, I do just about everything, including the "useless" zombie farm map and the pain in the ass Firewine dungeon.

(For ur info, i had to complete this game for 5 times before i can achieved this)

So any1 here has even better performance? [/QB][/QUOTE]

[ 06-04-2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]
Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Normally, I don't play my "go-everywhere, do-everything" games for speed, so I average about 60 days, start to finish. I personally take more pleasure in discovering things about the game that nobody else knows, such as the fact that there are TWO Full Plates+1 in the game, and that the manual is wrong--Ulraunt does not actually wield a Staff of Power. (You don't believe me? Kill him yourself.)
By the way, there are three sets of unenchanted Full Plate in the game. And since you're the type to enjoy item trivia (cheesy second copies of Rings of Wizardy & Fire Resistance, etc), I should point out that before ToSC, the Firewine Bridge was a source for a second Longbow of Marksmanship--but after installing the expansion, all it really has to offer is a great pair of Gauntlets and a component for the most powerful weapon in the game.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:18 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Six, please enlighten me. What are you referring to when you say a component to the most powerful weapon in the game? Surely you don't mean the suicide sword? The one and only reverse blade of vampirism?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 02:37 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I hope not, because that blade was the most useless sidequest i ever pursued!! The quest didn't even make sense! Let's take something from one quest, and use it for another that has no real correlation! otherwise, I agree, what weapon are you speaking of, Six?

(BTW, haven't been around for awhile if some don't recognize me. BG2 is ADDICTIVE! Run while you can! )
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Notice that I didn't say the sword was good, I only said powerful. My choice of wording was for use as "powergamer bait."

And yes, it is indeed the most powerful weapon in BG1: No other weapon can have a greater influence on your odds of winning the game. [img]smile.gif[/img] (The Ring of Folly takes the cake as Most Powerful Item, though.)
Old 06-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

the ring of folly. can u actually use that against ur oponents? i also explored every place and got all items and bot heaps. Do u guys buy from the highhedge. Thats prob my fav. place 2 by in the game!! definatley the best cloaks there any way
Old 06-05-2003, 03:08 PM   #8
Albromor
Mephistopheles

No, you can't use it against your opponents, but you can bring MAJOR grief to yourself. I believe what Six was getting at was that the effects of that Ring are so powerfully devastating on your own character that to equip it and you get through the game anyway would be a sheer miracle and nothing less.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:03 AM   #9
Agent Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

By the way, there are three sets of unenchanted Full Plate in the game.
Are u including the one sold at Thunderhammer? I only remember 1 in bandit camp and the other in Durlag tower! Also where do u get 2 full plate mail+1? Izzit a spoiler or a bug?

BTW, the time i mean was the game time, which mean i take 47 days in BG time to complete, not the real time.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:48 PM   #10
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

cheers Albromor!