Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 03:08 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I do not have ToB yet, but I plan on getting it. Does anybody have the special abilities for a druid above level 14? I heard something about it and want to know.
Old 12-09-2001, 03:43 PM   #2
andy the assasin
Manshoon

They get all the cleric quest spells + Earth and fire elemental transformations and greater elemental summoning. They also become immune to poison at level 15 and at 18th level gain 10% resis to environ damage (acid, cold fire and electricity) and at 21st and 24th gain another 10%. New level cap is 31st.
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:42 PM   #3
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

Also it is worth noting that they get a nice jump in their spell memorization limit going from 14->15.

They go from 6 6 6 5 3 2 1 to 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 [img]smile.gif[/img]

A nice perk eh?
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 11:53 AM   #4
andy the assasin
Manshoon

after they jump to that many spells though they get a bit boring as you don't have that much to loook forward too.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:14 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Eldoran:
[QB]Also it is worth noting that they get a nice jump in their spell memorization limit going from 14->15.

They go from 6 6 6 5 3 2 1 to 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 [img]smile.gif[/img]
QB]

Whoa!!!

Is it too late to Dual to Fighter at Level 15?
Old 12-10-2001, 03:19 PM   #6
andy the assasin
Manshoon

the experience for a level 15 druid is 3 000 000, so if you want to dual to a fighter then it may take a while, unless you are prepared to do it there isn't much point. Also all druids get cool earth and fire elemental tranformations (gain as high level ability, says quest level spell, but really appear under special abillities icon), which make them as good as or even better than fighters (even though i think they only last a limited ammount of time).
Old 12-10-2001, 03:30 PM   #7
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

Max level for druid/fighter is 21/24. So you can dual to a fighter at level fifteen if you want.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 08:21 PM   #8
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Really though for a druid to get to level 15 (abnd thus beocming the grand druid) they should have put something in this game where you could go back to your druid grove to challenge the grand master because in PnP you have to get elected to be the Grand druide which is why they get so many spells. oh well but it got a bit silly when J went to level 15 and then i did. I mean i game terms i should have been forced to kill her, and she was my beloved.
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:33 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Wow, and here I was thinking I'd be better off Dualing my Druid at Level 11 or 12. Now if I can only tolerate the long, boring period where my Druid only gains FOUR levels in ALL of BG2, I'll be okay. I might have him stick around until Level 18 or so, just to get him some Druid high-level abilities....would he start getting his Fighter abilities when he's reactivated his Druid half, or sooner?

Don't worry about having this guy ready to Dual, he's pumped. Upon entering BG2, his stats are gonna be 19/18/18/9/21/16. Love those Tomes!
Old 12-11-2001, 08:28 PM   #10
huma
The Magister

I,ve never played as a druid but I think the greater elemental summoning is one of the best spells in the game.I love it.If you know where there are some rather difficult baddies waiting for you-BAM-summon Chan,Zamun rul or the other one I hardly ever see and send him into the room.Sit back and listen to the screams of your enemies slowly fade away.