Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 12:57 PM   #61
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

You know I can't read each and every post here , but when I CONSTANTLY keep seeing the same people posting spam threads I take action. I have warned both of them about this, and posted the def. of 'spam' as well.

I have asked popular members to curb their spam habits too.. You act like I'm trying to pick on these people..?? I'm not. I just won't let this forum turn into a 10 year old playground--THAT will drive away many more people.

Favoritism has driven others? Who exactly (email me).. Because I consider everyone here as equals..

Hell, I can't please everyone, all the time, you know that man (I wish I could though)

PS: Your post didn't irritate me

he meant me... but you see, I am those undetectively operating under legal system ...
Old 10-05-2001, 01:00 PM   #62
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Ziroc a question for you
can you show some of the posts that lead to them being on notest
just to show people what cannot be done

Nope, once I del them, they are gone.. pretty much 9 were off topic, and 1 was a HUGE sig test. I emailed them with warnings both.

PS: That ban on you was a joke--really to scare you Damn it, it DID scare you right, RIGHT?!?!!?

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 01:00 PM   #63
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
250, you summed it up perfectly.

Memmnoch... Errr 250 should have eased up on the swearing....

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 01:03 PM   #64
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

I had warning!!

Avatar, your website is the coolest I've ever seen, can you make all those just by the demo version of Microflash? I wanted to ask you long time ago, but you went here... see my post... 4 days ago
Old 10-05-2001, 01:05 PM   #65
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
If you take this as an attack on yourself then so be it, trust me when I say I did not have you in mind when posting my comments. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself without provocation? I did not name anybody...I too have a lot of posts. If you do not spam, then there is no need to defend yourself!

The comments were not made to offend, just to state my point of view. I agree 100% with Ziroc's decision to warn Gwhanos and cffl and drop their post count, however, I feel that they have been 'singled' out as an example while others are allowed to post what I consider, according to the stated rules, spam!

Regarding your comment about 'her' leaving b/c 'she' felt and saw the favortism, let me say that 'she' is not the only one to a) see it and b) leave b/c of it!

People may attack me on this subject, but I can and will state my opinion on this topic!

Moridin, you know I respect you and your right to post an opinion so don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to be often taking issue about favoritism. Who is this person/persons who receive preferential treatment? This reflects on Ziroc and all the mods if you feel that people are spamming and getting away with it. Let's not keep this ill feeling simmering where it may potentially explode at a later date. Feel free to email us about this and let's resolve it once and for all. Put your money where your mouth is.

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 01:06 PM   #66
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

I agree - I thought it was a bit over the top... oh well.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-05-2001, 01:06 PM   #67
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
Ok, it wont happen again

Thanks G!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 01:08 PM   #68
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

I agree - I thought it was a bit over the top... oh well.

did some editing to eliminate unneccisary swearing...
Old 10-05-2001, 01:09 PM   #69
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

I think that I'm a good-enough judge of character to know when someone's using foul language in anger against someone and when it is being used as an expression by someone who does not have English as a first language but is trying to do the right thing. It's called reading the post in the spirit in which it was posted.

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 01:10 PM   #70
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
did some editing to eliminate unneccisary swearing...
In that case, thanks!
I find it a bit hard to digest that we are telling someone off for calling Z a control freak and then one of our members would use words like that - what I like about the IW is the fact that we can stay civil even when flamed.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art