Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
warnie
Dungeon Master

gday there one and all

Its trullly a pleasure to find this wonderful site and finallllllly have all me questions answered by some one other than a faceless walk through.

ok , im sure this has been asked , but i couldnt find it ,else where in the forums , otherwise i wouldnt be wasting your time.

its one of these shadow vale switch thingie questions.

Me and the boys are in Kressies Tomb, we have wiped out all those annoying undead poofters ,and have , if memory serves me we have about three or four keys and that ugly head thingie. We got rid of that mytos bloke and giant skelies.

There is this huge gear door or what ever there , that has to be opened. (which me and the boys have been standing by for more than six months!)

according to the WT , there is just south to the door a triangle with three pillars and if you pass your mouse over it your supposed to find a blue light that says switch locked.

well the problem is , i musta passed me mouse ove those pillars ten bloody thousand times and nothing happens! Is this a bug?
theres no skellie with black wolf whatever either.

any Ideas??????????????
warnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah... this is going to be a little hard to explain without a screenshot to reference to, but basically, the switch is on the pillar (behind it) furthest from the geared door.

If you have HoW installed as well, press the Alt key to highlight it.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
warnie
Dungeon Master

thanks for replying there mate!

I think honestly , that it might be worth getting HOW just for this problem.
I dont have it , and have tried a millon times all angles all places and yet after your kind advice , maybe ill try again.

the thing is, ive moved the boys all over that place and HAD them move from evey angle, next to every pillar , behind evey pillar , bloody hugging every pillar an still nothing shows. its really anooying let me tell you!

ok il try yet again and who knows....

( ill tell you you eitherway lmao)

cheeers
Old 11-10-2003, 11:50 PM   #4
warnie
Dungeon Master

Letter

nope , nada , zero etc

the pillar thats required is the one from furthest the geared door, hence closest to the mytos gates , if we can so name them ,which leads ya to the goo room.

well , even with trying to get one of the boys around behind the pillar ( ie right next to the Mytos gates) nothing shows up.nothing shows up else where either.. so it really does lead me to believe theres a bug or something involved here.

any ideas?

thanks in advance
Old 11-11-2003, 02:38 AM   #5
kartetse
The Magister

Right, here goes - From the start, just to be complete:
There is three pillars. On the pillar furthest from the geared doors sits the lever - somewhat to the back of the pillar, on the left. If you think of it as a 3D pic, the switch is on the pillar, facing the geared door, in other words away from your view-point. It's pretty high up/half way up the pillar. Its camouflaged in the same colour as the background so mouse-over 'till you're blue in the face and you should find it.

You've got my sympathies - I eventually found a screen shot somewhere on the web, but its at home and I'll not get to it soon.

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:37 AM   #6
motub
The Magister

Here's the screenshot:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD/W...ter1/tomb3.htm.

But you say that you have keys and "the ugly head thingie". You don't say that you have the key to the switch (which cannot be described as either a key or an ugly head thingie, but a rock with a pawprint on it).

My understanding was that the patch in HoW only made this switch show up with the ALT key whether you had the key or not, because so many people couldn't find the switch. However, I suspect that it's not showing up because you don't actually have the key (which has happened to me as well). The secret room where the key is is easily missed.

If you haven't fought any mummies, you haven't found it .
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

warnie,

These guys have been so busy being helpful that they have forgotten to say....

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

If you can get HoW it is quite worth the modest price for the improvements it makes to IWD, even if you don't go adventuring in the HoW areas.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:09 AM   #8
motub
The Magister

NobleNick, you're right... I feel so embarrassed now.

Welcome, warnie!! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
Yanez
Manshoon

First things first:
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

You might want to take a peek at this thread
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=3;t=002858

I think you can find the answers right there.
Yanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 11:28 PM   #10
warnie
Dungeon Master

firstly, thanks heaps for the warm welcome! Its nice to have a nice bunch of folks helping me and welcoming me to these heaps good forums ! lol

So let me get this straight, There is supposed to be this switch up high on the pillar- (sighs, feelin in his heart of hearts hes tried it already , but hey ya never know) and i have to find this mummy (which who know the hell where this bugger is hiding lol) to get this paw thingie which hopefuly will be enuff to open thty freaking door!

ok

ill be back, thats a promise not athreat! lmao